It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Mad at MEPS 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Mad at MEPS
Ight, I served 5yrs in the Navy Seabees and was on the Seabee Engineer Recon Team for my Battalion. Been out a little over 7yrs. Really have decided that I miss the military life. Now that I am married and have kids I really think the benefits, retirement, etc. would be better in the long run compared to my police retirement now. Military begged for people when I was enlisting. Long story short, MEPS Dr.'s turned me down because I've had ACL knee surgery since I got out. :( WTF!!! I can be a cop which is as physical for the most part as normal military days, but can't go back and serve. I applied for the Coast Guard this time around and the recruiter said I was a shoe-in because of my outstanding record in both the Navy and being a Police Officer. Hell I told him I would even be a cook since they need like a million of them. The recruiter from what I hear could've fought for a waiver but of course he didn't. Anyways, had to vent and if anyone still in or is out and knows what I can do to get back into the Navy or get into the CG let me know please.

dillakilla12 wrote:

I just passed out bc of the blood rush to my penis! Where the fugg can I get a transom like that!?

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:04 pm
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: Mad at MEPS
not gonna happen right now. think of all the downsizing and budget cuts

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:40 pm
MMT Elite Member

Hate to here that man.. Thanks for your previous service though and your willingness to re-inlist. Not many are willing to do it the first time.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:52 pm
MMT 1000 Club

That sucks, but thanks for your service! Some Seabees built a berm for us at one of our positions in Iraq, ended up saving our ass from a full out assault. The Seabee's were about the only part of the navy I could stand ;)

To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:06 am
MMT F.E.

Thanks to you and every other member who has/is served.

Hey the cook gig in the CG can be a great opportunity. One my best friend's sister was stationed in Key West....

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:27 am
MMT Elite Member

Yep, another war comes and goes and the down sizing begins. Till the next one anyway.

"I do think there is a Squatch in these woods"!!!!!

Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:58 pm
MMT Addict

National Guard or army Reserves you could try

Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:12 pm
MMT Pro Member

search out a different recruiter, also wait til close to end of month......especially if the station is or the recruiter might roll a donut for the month. you got to find that recruiter that is WILLING to work with you.....rare thing these days. but as mentioned above might be hard with all the cuts they are proposing.........currently they are looking at 20k troop cut in the Marines and 27k troop cut in the Army, have not seen numbers on the Navy. i know exactly how you feel about missing the service, i got out of Marines at 15 yrs for personal and family reasons....100% regret that decision, i pursued getting back into the Marines but then they released numbers on the cuts so is gonna be a no go for me there. unless you are deadset on the Navy or CG...........take a look at Army National Guard, hell they need people so bad they are giving out a ton of bonuses for varied job specialities.
good luck and thank you for your service

1644 Gator Trax...MB 27 mini (sold)
1654 prodrive....36 prodrive for & efi

Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:29 pm
MMT Elite Member

One of the big reasons I got out was because of budget cuts. I asked for two things to reenlist. To move from camp Pendleton ca. To camp lejuene NC and I wanted to move out of the barracks. They told me I could stay in California and live in the barracks if I reenlisted. I told them to kick rocks. After my CO heard that they couldn't help me out he called his boss and got no where. He told me when I was checking "I tried for you but I couldn't make it happen. Good luck in college"

Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:49 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Well got some better news. Reserve recruiter for Navy thinks he can get me in with retaining my E-4 and then if I change my rate to basically cop, from my Construction electrician rate I can get automatic advancement to E-5 after "A" School because of my 7yrs of civilian law enforcement experience. I just gotta go to my physician and get a letter from him stating my knee has been good for past 7yrs with no problems. I pray it happens. Happy Easter!

dillakilla12 wrote:

I just passed out bc of the blood rush to my penis! Where the fugg can I get a transom like that!?

Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:09 pm
MMT Elite Member

Good luck

Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:40 pm
MMT Elite Member

Wish you the best! Thank you for your military and civil service.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:07 pm
MMT Member

I just went through the same run a round. I spent 4 years in the Navy and 6 years in the Army. I got out of the Army after my deployment to Iraq due to family issues.I recently attempted to re enlist into the Army National Guard and was told I would have to go through basic again.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]