It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Retired today 
MMT Member

Post Retired today
Well retired today out of the corps as a Ssgt.
To be honest I don’t know how me and the wife are going to take it where it’s been essentially the biggest factor in all of our decisions are whole adult lives. Definitely felt weird driving off base knowing I had no marines to train and lead with no formation to be at in the morning and no field op to be preparing for. Guess I should’ve listened to my gunny years ago when we were getting ready for our first deployment and he said no matter how much you think it sucks enjoy every moment cause one day it will be gone.
I guess now it’s time to take a few days and figure out what to do for the next part of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:53 pm
MMT F.E.

Post Re: Retired today
Medical retirement or are they still doing voluntary early retirement?

Regardless, it’s weird for a little bit but the key to transitioning well is realize anyone who is in the corps hadn’t ever transitioned before, so don’t listen to them. The opportunities are much more lucrative and aggressive on the other side if you network, play the game, and work hard. I loved my time in the Corps, but I am very glad to be out. I miss the stupidity of lance coconuts, but that’s about all I miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:07 pm
MMT Member

Medical retirement 80% dod 100% va but yeah it’s just weird feeling knowing ima go duck hunt tomorrow and have no where I need to go until the CO of the house chooses otherwise.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:39 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Load up and come duck hunting in northeast Louisiana. Always have room and sometimes have ducks.

#CFFITR
#TheGhostBoat
#whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:39 am
MMT Member

Might have to head that way before season ends the misses will probably be happy to have me gone after dealing with me for the next few weeks.

Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]