It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Today's Anti-Gun Vote in the Senate 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Today's Anti-Gun Vote in the Senate
It's a damn barrage of shit every day now. The anti-gunners have momentum on their side at the moment. I'm getting pop-ups on my internet browser telling me to support Mary Landrieu because 85% of Louisianians support gun registration and that I should call her to ask her to support it. You tell me how in the fuck they came up with 85% of Louisianans want federal gun registration? They just made it up, but they are posting it everywhere. This add is apparently being financed by Michael Bloomberg's anti-gun organization Mayors against crime or some shit. In case you boys aren't keeping up, it's about to get real.

Here's today's email from the national assc. of gun rights. It's Louisiana specific, but regardless of where you are, call your senators today! Even some of our good republican senators are folding like a cheap suit.

At 4 p.m. today, the United States Senate will vote on the Toomey-Manchin “Background Check” (NATIONAL GUN REGISTRATION) Bill as an amendment to S.649.

It could all come down to just one or two votes.

That’s why it’s absolutely vital you call both of your United States Senators IMMEDIATELY.

You can reach them at:

Sen. Mary Landrieu: (202) 224-5824

Sen. David Vitter: (202) 224-4623

Please urge them to vote no on EVERY anti-gun amendment coming up today, and make sure they know you’ll be watching their every move.

You see, the vote on Toomey-Manchin will just be the beginning.

Senator Reid knows you and I are keeping the pressure on.

He knows the vote will come down to the wire. In fact, it could still go either way.

But as I’ve told you before, Senate Majority Leader Reid is in a mad rush to ram something -- anything -- through the Senate.

So he’s bringing many amendments to the floor, including not just the Feinstein Gun Ban and a Magazine Ban amendment, but also a handful of “sweetener” amendments designed to hand supposedly “pro-gun” Republicans and Democrats an excuse to vote “yes.”

Why?

Well, at this point, the gun-grabbers don’t believe Speaker John Boehner is going to put up a serious fight in the U.S. House.

Instead, the House just might add an amendment or two -- sending legislation to an Obama-controlled Conference Committee to “finalize” and dress up with all the anti-gun goodies they’ve been wanting since day one . . .

They know once this snowball gets rolling, it could turn into an avalanche.

So if the extremely dangerous Toomey-Manchin National Gun Registration Bill isn’t the ticket, Senator Reid has plan “B” waiting in the wings.

That’s why it’s critical you urge your Senators to oppose EVERY amendment Senate Majority Harry Reid is bringing before the Senate today.

But with time running out, it’s critical you pick up the phone and call IMMEDIATELY.

There’s no time to waste.

For Freedom,

Dudley Brown
Executive Vice President

P.S. At 4 p.m. today, the United States Senate will vote on the Toomey-Manchin “Background Check” (NATIONAL GUN REGISTRATION) Bill as an amendment to S.649.

It could all come down to just one or two votes.

That’s why it’s absolutely vital you call both of your United States Senators, and urge them to vote no on EVERY anti-gun amendment coming up today.

Sen. Mary Landrieu: (202) 224-5824

Sen. David Vitter: (202) 224-4623

The National Association for Gun Rights is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, single-purpose citizens' organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the Constitutionally protected right-to-keep-and-bear-arms through an aggressive program designed to mobilize public opposition to anti-gun legislation. The National Association for Gun Rights' mailing address is P.O. Box 7002, Fredericksburg, VA 22404. They can be contacted toll-free at 1-877-405-4570. Its web address is http://www.NationalGunRights.org

Not produced or e-mailed at taxpayer expense.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:44 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Today's Anti-Gun Vote in the Senate
Interesting! You think there is any connection with the "republican" senator getting a poisoned letter from an "active of frequent letter writer"!!!! Maybe they are hoping they deter a few from calling thier senators in hopes to swing that vote????

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:18 pm
MMT F.E.

My suggestions...

My suggestions:

Manchin/Toomey amendment (background checks) - NO
Grassley/Cruz amendment (alternative legislation) - YES
Leahy amendment (trafficking) - YES
Cornyn amendment (concealed carry) -YES
Feinstein amendment (assault weapons ban) - NO
Burr amendment (veterans) - YES
Lautenberg amendment (high capacity magazines) - NO
Barrasso amendment (privacy) - YES

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:30 pm
MMT 1000 Club

It failed!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:50 pm
MMT Elite Member

We one the battle but we still haven't won the war!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]