It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Egypt .... 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Egypt ....
What the heck is goin' on over there ???

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:18 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Egypt ....
WHAT NEEDS TO BE GOIN ON OVER HERE!
all the people gettin together,protestin against the Azzhole dictator,fukin all kinda shitt up in the process,kinda like those ninjas did in the choclate city after katrina.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:08 am
MMT 1000 Club

Yep!

What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:45 pm
MMT Elite Member

300 thousand people in a country of 80 mil........think 300 thousand could over throw our government throwin sticks and stones at each other? Ya think obama would shut it down with military force if we had that kinda violence.......then who would be considered an opressive dik-tater.

Black ops IITX marshstalker

1840 WC www.wccustomboats.com
fuel injected 25 GTR

Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:09 am
MMT 1000 Club

This country could be so much better ( not saying it totally bad ) If folks would stick together.. A millon man march cant happen if only one man shows up... People are so wraped up in what they have going on to put there life on hold for a week. I said it about fuel prices... If everyone would stay home from work just one day (the same day), dont drive and dont buy gas in protest. What would happen?? Would everybody that has a job in the US lose that job? I doubt it. Would fuel prices come down? I think they would. People have the mentality of things being someone elses problem.. They have to work so they can make the note on their wifes new BMW.. People in Egypt are sick and tierd of being sick and tierd, so they took a stand.. Our government was set up by and for the people.... Meaning we can change what we dont like.. People have alway waited for someone else to do the dirty work because they have bills to pay... Its an each to their own world here in the US.... People in egypt dont drive Hummers and live in 500,000.00 homes. They dont have much to lose.. People here are so caught up with keeping up the Joneses that they have lost sight of what the power of numbers can do.. They worry about themselves and let shit slide... They let our government descde whats best for them and dont stand together as one, in protest... The bad thing is, things have gotten so out of hand with the government in the US that people believe itis the way thing should be because JoBob said so.... The US would have one hell of a civil uprise if folks would stick together and protest for what they believe.... But it wont happen.... (protest does not mean violence, Its taking a stand) And again one person cant go at it alone, it takes numbers....

Thats all....

Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:15 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

I think we are seeing the George Washingtons and Thomas Jeffersons of our day. Iran is next.

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Moderator

Beautiful country I was able to visit there for a month back in 2000 before 9/11

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:51 pm
MMT Elite Member

fuel injected 25 GTR

Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:42 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

You make a valid point concerning the changes they desire. Also, your points concerning what the military and people will do with the freedom they have just acquired. However, I would like to point out that Castro set in place a communist dictatorship not a democracy coupled with a free market economy. This could make all of the difference, but I am hoping for the best.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:06 pm
MMT Elite Member

The entire Middle East is about to be forced into a rapid epic change that will have an enourmous impact on the entire world. Just pray it is a change for the better.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:42 pm
MMT Elite Member

Technically, Egypt was a democratic society which held regular elections. Whether those elections were fair is another story. I believe you are giving too much credit to a society and culture that does not believe in freedom and equality. There is neither freedom nor equality in the islamic religion.

Even though we were a democratically elected government we still had slavery and then institutional racism, so did the blacks have freedom? or equality? Did those ideals we held make our democracy a good one for all the people that lived here? As long as those in power oppress minorities, whether racial, religious or gender based, that is not freedom. That is not equality.

What if Muslims took control of our government by democratic means, does that make it right to enact sharia law. Does it make it ok to stone or whip to DEATH a 14 year old girl for having sex outside of wedlock? Even when she is RAPED by her own uncle? Democracy is not always a good thing.

fuel injected 25 GTR

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:36 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I don't believe Iran is next, I see them waiting idly by as the smoke settles from the crackdown on Iraq and Afghanistan. Ahmadinejad will follow in the same footsteps as Saddam Hussein did, and as Kim Jong-il is. He will push buttons and get away with as much as he can without getting his a$$ blown away, all the while building and growing, with his citizens cheering him on. They are but pawns in his game, though he acts as if he is building nuclear capability for their betterment and on their behalf. This will continue until it is forcefully stopped, just as it did in Iraq, and as it continues in North Korea.

In natural life, the only things you have a right to are those that you can forcefully take, or forcefully defend from being taken. It sounds harsh, but look at a wild animal. This is the principle by which every living thing coexists.

Our forefathers fought and set our rights, so as long as we stick together and fight for them, we have them. When we become too busy to stick together and defend them, our rights are open for the taking.

35 GTR chasing a 1650 Polarkrap.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:13 pm
MMT Elite Member

THEY ARE BEING TAKEN NOW!!!!

fuel injected 25 GTR

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:41 pm
MMT F.E.

Just to comment on gas prices... if you want lower prices, then you need lower the gasoline taxes.

The national gas tax average is 48.1 cents per gallon, which includes 18.4 cents federal tax.

Now looking up the profit margins of various oil companies was eye opening, marothon oil 3.76%, sunoco 0.91%, Hess 0.65%. But let's assume the average profit margin is a lot higher, say 8%,....then look at the real culprit, taxes.

If we use $3.50/gal for the price and 8% profit margin and the average tax, then the feds and states make TWICE what the oil companies make and they (government) takes no risk.

Here's the math.... 3.50 minus taxes .481 equals 3.019. 8% of 3.019 is 24.15 cents per gallon profit, while the feds make 18.4 cents and average for states is 29.7 cents per gallon.

But everyone makes the oil companies out to be evil because of record profits, it's not because they're evil, it's because we're record consumers.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:34 pm
MMT F.E.

^^ It pisses me off every time I'm at school and the liberals talk about how bad the big oil companies are because of how much they make, but as a percentage wise, they make less than most other buisnesses. Just a guess but most companies have a 25% profit, whereas the oil buisnesses make a 5% profit ( these figures are probably wrong).

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:49 pm
MMT Elite Member

Gas..cigs...beer...the government makes more than the producer.....its a shame....and they justify the tax by saying it curbsmakes people change. They are taxing us for our own good. SOCIAL ENGINEERING ....still think your free?

fuel injected 25 GTR

Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]