It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Bring A Kid 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Bring A Kid
Today, I brought my great nephew crabbing. He is just beginning 1st grade. His first time ever being in a boat. He had such a great time with me and his dad. I let him hold the tiller out in the lake, his dad let him net crabs on the snood lines as it came up to the boat. First time I bring him, but I have brought many of my other family kids and their parents.

My very earliest memory was riding in my daddy's boat at 2 and a half. When I was around 10, my mom and older sister placed the time and year by the people I remember being their and the happenings. They were surprised. I can go back to that spot today and show exactly where it was of course. I been their many times since.

Want to make an impact on the next generation so that they will value our outdoors? Teach them new skills, and learn to love what we love so much? Bring a kid that does not have a dad or maybe one that is a loner in your neighborhood on your boat to fish, hunt, crab, whatever---they will never forget it. Bring one of their adult family members with you for protection. Be a good role model.

And you will get more out of it than they do. The smile on their faces while they steer the tiller even at idle is something else.

Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:41 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Bring A Kid
Sound advice right there.

Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:12 pm

This is a very good thing It is filled with great knowledge. The man that we can use on a daily basis.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:56 am
MMT Addict

That is awesome... I take other kids quite a bit. When I do it is about them hunting or fishing. That was a major change for me because I love to rip lips and pull the trigger. I finally got to a point that I realized it is just as much fun to get youngsters excited about the outdoors.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:51 am
MMT Pro Member

Here are some pictures of my first grandchild last winter. The pics were taken at the skeet range, I already have a 28ga 1100 with her name on it.
She is pulling targets for my Son, the newest grand daughter was born on my birthday last February. She will by one and I'll hit 70.
I started my boy's early with fishing and shooting, the grand kids will be the same

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:35 pm
MMT F.E.

Awesome job and great advice. If we don't teach and instill everything about the outdoors that our mentors taught us it would be a sad world in years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:06 pm
MMT Addict

I love this.

I plan on taking my son with me every chance I get this yr. He is 7 and has been with in the boat with me here and there since he was 4. I think he is old enough to grasp the concept of the do's and don'ts in the woods. He had his first don't experience opening morning of teal season when someone was in our blind.

I also help coach a group of kids between 10 and 18, we compete in several events and teach Hunter ethics and gun safety. I just wish we had the resources to take them out hunting and fishing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]