It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Youngest son is finally ready to shoot 
MMT Addict

Post Youngest son is finally ready to shoot
I started him too young and the recoil of a 410 scared him. He isn't as driven as my oldest son was to start shooting. He finally asked me to take him shooting. He shot the .22 and .22Hornet and enjoyed shooting both. We are easing our way up to the 28 gauge.20180115_131014.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:56 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Youngest son is finally ready to shoot
That's really cool. It's all about teaching the new generation and passing on the passion,knowledge and safe practices.
The noise may be more of the fright than recoil.

My oldest son started at 2 slipping in behind the 10/22 while we were plinking steel. He caught on quickly. Hes 5 now and his mum took him plinking, tgat blew him away, he didn't know he's mum shoots too.
My youngest hasn't shown any interest but my daughter is 9 and shes proficient with 22 rifles and pistols.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:11 pm
MMT Addict

Seth (in the pic) is a 70lb 12 year old. He is the tiniest kid in his class by far. I was able to get him shooting the 22 single six ruger a couple years ago. It just took a while to ease him back into a shoulder mounted long gun.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:48 am
MMT Pro Member

Good stuff man. My son is 6 years old, but is too immature to shoot right now in my opinion. Hopefully he’ll mature more this year to where he can finally start shooting all the guns I bought him when he was a baby! Lol

Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]