It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Got My Treestands Returned! 
MMT Addict

Post Got My Treestands Returned!
Last year the guy we paid to plant our food plots had an assistant help him. Well, towards the end of the season when we went back to take down all of our treestands and they were all gone. Turns out someone cleaned out the property and took everything. We knew it had to be someone who knew their way around because some of the treestands were really well hidden and only someone that had walked around would know where they were. So we suspected it was the guy that helped the person we paid to plant our food plots. Well to make a long story short, this weekend I received a call from the local police department in Bartow Georgia telling me they had found our treestands a year later. At first I thought it was just someone playing a prank on me but when they asked me to go to the police station to identify the stolen property, I knew it was true. Well believe it or not, one of the guys that stole all of our stuff had a girlfriend that got mad at him and told the police what he was up to. They ended up arresting that guy and he confessed to everything they had stolen and that the group was lead by the guy that helped the man we paid to plant our food plots. In total they arrested 5 guys this weekend for stealing over 40 stands from different properties and they managed to trace their fingerprints back to 9 houses that were broken into.

I had given up on finding my stuff a long time ago so you could imagine how surprised I was to have it turn up again over a year later. It turns out the idiots that stole it ended up keeping it so they could hunt out of. We literally had everything returned to us including a game camera with pictures of the guys that stole it on it. I made copies of the pictures for the police to have since we and others that have been victims of these guys will be pressing charges against them.

So if you've had any items stolen from you, don't give up hope because you never know when you're going to get it back.

Gator Trax 1750HD With Mud Buddy Black Death 5500

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:32 pm
MMT Addict

Post Re: Got My Treestands Returned!
40 stands....What the heck does someone do with 40 stands!

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:55 pm
MMT 1000 Club

hang them on 40 trees for different winds ;)

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:56 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Sorry mother Forkers, unfortunatley the cops wont do shit, those boys just need their hands cut off at the wrists. that'll fix that. :evil:

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:19 am
MMT Addict

Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:42 pm
MMT 1000 Club

10-4 man, glad you got your stuff back. Some people work hard for the things they have, thieves dont seem to care about that. good luck this year.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:18 pm
MMT Pro Member

good news on your stands. I too had 4 real nice stands stolen from the santee swamp in south carolina..It hade me so mad especially when I found out who stole them cops wouldnt do anything and I made the decision to NOT seek revenge myself.. I believe that these guys will suffer WAY MORE than they ever benefit so i guess if the cops wont do anything let GOD handle it.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:40 am
MMT Elite Member

If you numbnuts had any idea of the legalities that tie the hands of law enforcement you might think otherwise. Has nothing to do with them NOT wanting to do anything about the theft of your stands. 99% of them would love nothing more than kicking some thief in the azz and throwing them in the river. Its more like they would rather keep their jobs than get fired for jacking up some scumbag to make your cracks stop hurting. Its one thing to say you know who did it and another to be able to prove it. They don't have that magical "EASY" button you see on TV to make chit just appear out of thin air and most of that CSI chit you see on TV is the only place most LE have ever seen it also. My guess is that all you had was your hunch. Unless caught red handed, most crimes are never solved without confessions from the perp or someone else that they spilled the beans to, ie. pissed off ex......... Its unfortunate that beating confessions out of folks has been frowned upon in the 21st century.

"I do think there is a Squatch in these woods"!!!!!

Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:48 pm
MMT Addict

I got lucky with my stands and at least in my case, the cops did want to do something about it but only because one of the guys girlfriends confessed to everything. We all work damn hard for the things we have and for some low life to come along and take them with no regard to what a person went through to get them, makes my blood boil.

What's even worse is that like Poker said, most criminals have more rights than we do.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]