It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Hello 
MMT Pro Member

Post Hello
I have been on the site for a few weeks and finally decided to introduce myself.

I live in northwest AR, but am from Northeast Texas. I will be picking up my new 1754 PD hull Friday to go with my 32 PD. I guess an introduction on this site wouldn't be complete without a hunting story that didn't go exactly as planned.

Last hunting season, I had a 1650 Express Jon boat.

One morning last December I was taking 3 other guys, dog and all of our gear. Well with this much weight the Express would not go very fast and would definatly not plane out. We were about 3/4 of the way to where we were going and I realized that I had left our lifejackets in my truck. We were already running late, and there wan't time to back. Well a few minutes after that, my motor shut down. It was at that time I remembered that I was supposed to get gas on the way to the ramp that morning. So we thought we were going to have to paddle the rest of the way, but oh wait I also forgot the paddles in the truck with the lifejackets. The push pole wouldn't reach the bottom, and the guys were getting pretty ticked. Luckily I was able to turn the gas tank up on end and was able to get us to the blind.

It was a very slow morning, so after a couple hours I decided that I would try and make it back to the ramp. I thought, I'll just hug the bank, and worse case scenerio I have to park it an walk the rest of the way to the truck. Well it was just the right time of morning and I was driving into the sun when my motor started cutting out. I looked back to see if I could tilt the tank some more.

That was a mistake, since I wasn't paying attention I hit a stum about a foot out of the water. Needless to say, my boat quickly filled with water. Luckily I was only going at idle speed, and didn't get stuck on the stump after a minute the boat slid back off. I looked back and the motor was almost under water. I pointed it to the bank and gunned it as hard fast as a boat full of water would go. On my trip to the bank, I had to keep pulling all of the gear that floats back into the boat because it was floating out the back. This includes the empty gas tank.

When I got to the bank, the back of the boat still wasn't above the water. I had to work my a$$ off to get it out of the water enough to start bailing water. Now i know the real reason that you have a battery box!!!

Got the water out and finally made it back to the boat ramp, loaded the boat and pulled it up the ramp. I went to pull the plug, and realized that the rope tied to the nose had escaped during all of the excitement and was now wrapped around the prop. While I was digging that out a guy at the ramp was kind enough to give me a gallon or so of gas to go get my buddies.

I put the gas in the boat and the guy said "Go ahead and back it down, I'll hold it for you. So I jumped in the truck and backed it down. Got back to the boat and realized I forgot to put the plug back in. Sure was glad I had the battery box.

I retrieved the rest of my hunting crew without further incident, but I am not sure they will quit reminding me of this trip.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:44 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Hello
Well ~ Thats a dang good re-views of yore ExpressDuckBoat and I'm
personnally dang proud ya'lls made it thruout ya'lls ordeal !!!!

Welcome to the site ..... and I bet ya'lls gonna do real good up in Arkansas !!!

:D

Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:58 pm
MMT Pro Member

Sorry, I know this really shouldn't have been in this section. I thought that I was in the "Cyber Mudfest". If there is a way to move it, let me know.
Thanks,

Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:14 pm
MMT 1000 Club

You aint's gots to be sorry 'round here dawg ...... !!!!!!!

Welcome again !!!!! :D

Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:19 pm
MMT Pro Member

round about the time you realized the tank was empty would be right around the time you would hear that very identifyable kush sound coming from right above the icechest if you were in my boat. :mrgreen:

Welcome to the site and don't feel bad we all have had or will have days like that, thats duck huntin, atleast yall ended up alright and got a good story out of it

Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:37 pm
MMT Pro Member

x2 welcome to tha site and i've been involved in some chit like that ....

Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm
MMT F.E.

Wow, i think everyone has had a day like that. But in fact i dont think i have ever had any that were that bad....

Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:20 pm
MMT Pro Member

I spent the night in a bathroom soaking wet and freezing cold only to wake up to a bow rope going straight under water :mrgreen:

Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:00 am
MMT F.E.

You weren't by chance hunting with a guy named Ryan Boozer were you? :lol: :mrgreen:

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:32 am
MMT Pro Member

sandman are you asking me?? if so no he wasn't with me

Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:26 am
MMT F.E.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:13 pm
MMT Pro Member

o i got ya :lol:

Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:22 pm
MMT Pro Member

No, he wasn't with me but one of the guys that was could tear up an anvil with a rubber mallet.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:27 pm
MMT Pro Member

Texman, you are gonna fit in good with this group.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:26 pm
MMT Pro Member

most of the time it is three people with me and before daylight we look at each other and wonder one is going to be wet the other has a broken gun or forgot something and the last one cant miss a shot. Just hope you are the lucky one.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:38 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Welcom from east TX......hope to see u round on one of the gatherings.

where bout u from?

The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on it daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. Go here and click on the "donate a mammogram". This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for advertising.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:44 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Location: Unaffiliated, SETX group has caused me to renounce my Texas Citizenship

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:55 pm
MMT F.E.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]