It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Coronavirus discussion 
MMT Super Elite Member

Post Re: Coronavirus discussion
Mallards Only you were 56 when he joined MMT in 2009 which makes you roughly 66 today, my age. So if you only practiced for 20 years that would mean you stopped practicing at around age 46. That seems very odd to have done that.

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:17 am
Profile WWW
MMT F.E.

Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:02 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:59 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Super Elite Member

Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

And here we have it. Have someone read it to you idiots so you comprehend it.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/arti ... =931537474

The link summarizes it pretty well but you can always follow the linked references straight to the WHO for the actual studies. That is, of course, if you know how to do that.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:56 am
MMT Pro Member

Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:01 am
MMT Super Elite Member

231ABCDB-653A-4DE8-889F-00FC7B455AF1.png

So I guess you lied about your age in your profile? Answer my questions. Are you still a licensed practitioner and if not, why not ? I’m not deflecting. Just testing your credibility to determine how much weight to give to your vile scientific rants.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:26 am
Profile WWW
MMT Super Elite Member

D5DEA2FE-D00F-47B5-8428-EF3A8E17E185.jpeg

Congressman (R) Louis Ghomert, alias, Louis Gomer Pyle.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:29 am
Profile WWW
MMT Super Elite Member

Hey, Mallards Only! You in Louis corner, too.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:53 am
Profile WWW
MMT Elite Member

If yall are done....

Medical experts in Vietnam say the latest mutation of C19 found in Vietnam - spreads 3 times more rapidly than the original

https://www.yahoo.com/news/vietnam-says ... 51338.html

Each patient has been found to infect five to six people on average, compared with a rate of 1.8 to 2.2 infections per patient as seen before, Health Minister Nguyen Thanh Long said Sunday.

The strain is new to Vietnam but has been seen in the British Isles and Bangladesh.

The latest outbreak, first found in Da Nang on July 25, ended the country's 99-day streak of no new cases. Two hundred new cases have been found since, along with all six of the country's deaths.

Authorities in Vietnam say the new strain of coronavirus responsible for the recent spike in infections is three times as contagious as its predecessor.

While the strain is new in Vietnam, it has been seen before in Bangladesh, Britain, and Ireland, according to Vietnamese scientists.

The latest cases, which were first found July 25, marked the end of a 99-day streak without any new cases.

Since then, 204 new cases have been identified, mainly in the region surrounding the coastal city of Da Nang.

Domestic tourists had flocked to Da Nang for their vacations, but 80,000 people were evacuated by plane last week after cases began to rise.

At the time, health authorities said the infections looked to be caused by a different strain of the coronavirus, which Long said had not been seen in Vietnam before July 25, the BBC reported.

There are multiple strains of the novel coronavirus, such as the original D614 strain found in Wuhan, China, in December.

Viruses mutate because of genetic errors over time. Many scientists argue that mutations don't necessarily result in viruses becoming more dangerous.

Marc Choisy, a biomathematician from the Oxford University Clinical Research Unit in Hanoi, told the Associated Press that the new strain in Vietnam looked to be more severe.

"One big difference I've noticed between this wave and the previous one is that the cases we have right now, a lot of them are severe," he said.

Long said he could not confirm reports in local media that it was more contagious, or more dangerous, than its predecessor.

As of Monday morning, Vietnam had 621 confirmed infections and six deaths.

The World Health Organization had previously singled out Vietnam for its efforts in containing the virus, but the spike in cases is a somber moment.

Vietnam imposed a strict lockdown and travel ban early on, with the knowledge that the health system could not cope with a mass outbreak in mind.

For example, all 10,000 residents of Son Loi, a town near Hanoi, were placed under lockdown for 21 days in February, despite there being only 16 confirmed cases in the whole of Vietnam at the time, the AP said.

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but
it is the journey that matters, in the end."

Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:02 am
MMT 1000 Club

Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:09 am
MMT Pro Member

Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:59 am
MMT Pro Member

Quack Watch AKA the lamestream media, corrupt social media, and the DNC. So now you're claiming that you clowns all know more than the 1000's of physicians making the same claims??? Crawl back into mommy and daddy's basement where you probably still live. You're pathetic.

Are you also claiming that the WHO, whose every word you clung to for the last 6 months is also a quack too??? Because that's where the information comes from. Have somebody read and explain the supporting science and studies to you because we know you didn't pass second grade reading.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:02 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

Nope. As usual you twist and contort into a lie based on what you want to hear and believe. This is what I said, "as someone with 3 degrees(which I suspect is 3 more than you have), including a medical degree and a 20 yr history of a very successful medical practice." Nowhere in there does it say "had." Just one more example of your lack of reading comprehension, incorrect assumptions, and generalized lack of intellect. My story makes no difference though. It's just your way of deflecting from the facts and the truth like you ass-clowns always do when the evidence proves your stupidity.

Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:58 am
MMT Elite Member

Hey DG - why go half ass - get yourself a 3M Versaflo http://www.3m.com/versaflo

Has eye protection - filtering canisters - looks really cool when you wear it to the store too...

After all this is what it really takes to offer realistic protection...

Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:46 am
MMT Elite Member

UV - kills virus and bacteria almost instantly - I bought a couple of these UV light power filters

Has helped my allergy problems and actually kills air born virus like Covid...

Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:53 am
MMT Super Elite Member

Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:30 am
Profile WWW
MMT F.E.

Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:51 am
MMT Elite Member

Perspective - only recently have Covid death rates surpassed deaths from legal perscription drugs and Fentanyl combined
just as Covid has only recently just surpassed Alzheimer's disease in total deaths in 2017 listed below....

Bottom line a big percentage of Covid mortality is among those who may well have passed away
from Cancer - Heart Disease - Stroke - Alzheimer's - Diabetes and other age related causes of death....

Not that I am downplaying any cause of death - just adding perspective....

Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:15 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Elite Member

We are a country of over 300 million - we routinely have over 2.5 million deaths per year...

At years end obviously we will see the lowest number of Cancer - Heart disease - Stroke - Atzheimer's
and diabetes deaths in years as they will be listed instead as Covid deaths... We already see our
hospitals listing simple flu deaths as Covid related - maybe for financial reasons - or maybe because
they just don't know and that is the expedient thing to do....

I have both parents living - over 80 with all these same age related elevated risks - they are
"hunkered down" - getting groceries delivered - not going out...

I don't visit unless we sit outside in their courtyard 20 feet apart...

Just adding the perspective - "It is what it is" - there are no absolutes in life - enjoy what you can of it !

You Sir - would argue the effects of gravity with a rock - if it was painted red - ;)

Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:12 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:10 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

I am not as old as a few of y'all but I find it funny that people are no longer able to peacefully agree to disagree. I for one don't wear a mask unless I have no other choice. I don't feel they there is enough evidence to support their usefulness. However if someone else want to wear them go for it. Hunker down, have your groceries delivered, and don't leave your house unless you have too. By no means though do you have the right to tell me what I should do. I for one will continue to live my life and enjoy every moment that I have here on earth.

My 92 year old grandfather and 90 year grandmother told our family that we can all kick rocks if we thought that they would be changing their lifestyles in any way. They both said that they have lived good lives up until this point and that if Covid-19 is what takes them out so be it. They choose to live life everyday and make the best of every breath that God gives them. We could all learn many lessons from the old timers.

Living in fear must be a shitty way to live!

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:44 am
MMT Super Elite Member

Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:16 am
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

Actually I don't fear death, why should I? I have faith in God and will be going to a much better place when I do die. I personally prefer to enjoy every moment that I have here on earth. I refuse to run around all the time worrying about the what if.
By all means though if you want to spend your time worrying if the sky is falling go for. Mask up, cover yourself from head to toe in sanitizer, and never leave your house so that you feel better about your personally situation. That's your right to do so.
What is not your right is to think you have the ability to tell anyone else what choices they should make for themselves. You also shouldn't take every attempt you can to belittle someone because they believe differently from the way you do.
What has us in the current predicament is that people nowadays feel as if their opinions are far more than opinions and that their opinions are actually facts that everyone else should believe and follow. Then they at every attempt demonize people for having different views and beliefs and make others out to be horrible hateful people because of it.

Remember we are talking about opinions not facts.

This world would be much better off if people would learn to mind their own business and stop judging others for having different opinions.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:45 am
MMT Pro Member

Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:10 am
MMT Super Elite Member

Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:42 am
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

And science hasn't proved anything in regard to the effectiveness of mask preventing someone from being diagnosed with COVID-19. Numerous people that have been wearing mask this entire time have still contracted the virus.
Science has proven the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine however the majority of the democratic party members seem to think differently and ignore that part of the science they so heavily rely on.

Remember at the end of the day its called "practicing medicine" not perfecting it. I'd prefer to practice having a good time and enjoying every moment. That way when my eulogy is being read, they will say that I lived life. Try it sometime you may be amazed by the outcome!

Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:50 am
MMT Pro Member

Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:37 am
MMT Pro Member

Kinda sad these days how no one has time to mind their own business, but always has time to throw rocks and criticize about how others do things. If you don't want to wear one don't, just shut the fuck up because someone does something different than you. You don't have to like or understand it, it aint hurting you, and it's none of your business what they do.

Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:46 am
MMT Pro Member

Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:58 am
MMT Super Elite Member

Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:44 pm
MMT Elite Member

I think that trip was from the hernia he got picking up all his mail in ballots....

:o

But this just in - neck gators worse than wearing no mask at all ! ! !

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/neck-ga ... 34882.html

The researchers explain how these masks may actually spread more of the virus than not wearing one at all. “We noticed that speaking through some masks (particularly the neck fleece) seemed to disperse the largest droplets into a multitude of smaller droplets ... which explains the apparent increase in droplet count relative to no mask in that case,” they write. These small droplets could prove extremely dangerous in terms of transmission. “Considering that smaller particles are airborne longer than large droplets (larger droplets sink faster), the use of such a mask might be counterproductive,” they add.

Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:14 pm
MMT Pro Member

Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:47 am
MMT Super Elite Member

Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:35 am
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Don't bring that veiled threat shit back to this forum, dean. If you can't take it, then quit trying to dish it out.

Fucking children.

#CFFITR
#mudmotor>physics

Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:52 pm
MMT Elite Member

By the looks of Russ’ comments...you know who must be back to playing his you know what games....

...probably time to share a PSA with all the members of this forum. After all, we are in the midst of a pandemic. So, you should really be on the lookout for this.

PSA - Is This Anybody You Know?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next