It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:04 pm




Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Tracker boats for the price. Need advice. 
Author Message
MMT Member

Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:18 pm
Posts: 14
Post Tracker boats for the price. Need advice.
I live in Springfield Mo where the main Bass Pro is. I looked at their Tracker Grizzly boats today. They have changed their design which Im sure everyone knows to longitudinal strainers or whatever you want to call them. They look like durable boats for the money. I had a go-devil boat before and I dented that boat all to crap in the ice. Anyway I need your thoughts on performance of a 17X54 grizzly with a PD or GT. I know that Gator-tail, Excel, etc.. are better for these motors, but I dont plan on putting the Tracker boat through all the swamps and cypress knees that the south holds. Is there any work that has to be done to make this boat with the mud motor work together.

Give me your thoughts everyone, I know some will have some bad things to say. Some of the water I will be in is 80-90 foot deep and at other times its inches deep. I just need the versatility and need to know the combination will work together before I buy it. I have limited funds, Im saving up for anestheisia-Nurse anethesist school.

Thanks everyone.


Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:40 pm
Profile
MMT Addict

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:23 pm
Posts: 507
Location: West Monroe, LA
Post Re: Tracker boats for the price. Need advice.
im think the grizzly boats are semi v which is not a good MM hull, did you check out the Marsh Hunter boats from Bass Pro? ive never heard anything about em and would be much better for a MM and i dont know what tha price is on them. do you have a surface drive or longtail? what HP?

_________________
Gatortail 1846 35hp GTR with calens stage 2 mods


Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:34 am
Profile
Online
MMT Elite Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 5627
Location: Choudrant, La
Post Re: Tracker boats for the price. Need advice.
I would strongly recomend NOT putting sd on a small light constructoin hull. we had a friend with a 14 mini on a light boat. It ran about 20 new but after his hull got dented and hooked up all it can do is cavitate.

_________________
CSM Custom 18x42 Battleship with a 36 PD beating you to the hole
My Rig (Old Motor) viewtopic.php?f=5&t=45193

(New Motor) viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54733

Stumps Fear Me


Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:37 am
Profile
MMT Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:49 pm
Posts: 8536
Location: Bridge City, TX
Post Re: Tracker boats for the price. Need advice.
Not sure, but heard the Marsh Hunter boat line was discontinued. Havin seen one up close, I wouldn't get one, just my .02. Before I had a mud hull, I was runnin mine on a .80 G3 semi-v hull. Definately not the ideal rig, but it will work if all you plan to run is clear water / shallow water with clear bottom.
Just make sure the transom is strong enough to take the abuse. A mm is not like an outboard, it's gonna beat the hell outta the trans.

_________________
1846 GTB & 35 GTR
Team Gator-Tail
http://www.teamcamooutdoors.com
Killer Kallz & ANGLE PORT dealer
(409) 720-8949


Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:24 am
Profile WWW
MMT F.E.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:11 pm
Posts: 798
Location: Shreveport, LA
Post Re: Tracker boats for the price. Need advice.
Team Camo wrote:
Not sure, but heard the Marsh Hunter boat line was discontinued. Havin seen one up close, I wouldn't get one, just my .02. Before I had a mud hull, I was runnin mine on a .80 G3 semi-v hull. Definately not the ideal rig, but it will work if all you plan to run is clear water / shallow water with clear bottom.
Just make sure the transom is strong enough to take the abuse. A mm is not like an outboard, it's gonna beat the hell outta the trans.


Sometimes I look back just to make sure it's really still there. Lol

_________________
Image

My motor doesn't have docking assistance, it has REVERSE!


Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:32 am
Profile WWW
MMT Member

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:13 am
Posts: 7
Post Re: Tracker boats for the price. Need advice.
I run a 1860 Gizz. Mod V with a LT MB 23 Van. at 19.8 open water at 3900 rpms 9x5 Prop And Best 20.2 Both Checked by a Garmin GPS in my Shirt Pocket at the time.Stock Block.Mod's 32 mm Mukuni and a Custom Muffler's.Fast Shallow Running Hull will Draft in 3 1/2 inches of Water at a Dead Stop Mine is a 2006 Model No Floor About 100 Pounds Lighter than Model with Floor total Weight Me 250 Dog 98 LB. Gear Aprox.150. Aprox Total Weight Me Dog Gear Boat Battery Gas Ect.1200 LB.Love the Boat Mostly Run Shallow Water And Mud Hunting season.Elev. 3200 to 3400 Above Sea level Yes I Live In Utah that is Why I Run My Little MB.But it Get's me every Where I Want to go even with This Big A** Boat.Will Not trade it For Nothing Else.Oh I Run a 70 HP Merc.In the Summer for Fishing All Lake's and Resivoir's around Here At 34 to 35 MPH.Run's 3 to 4 foot Swell's like Nothing Just Buckin the White Cap's without a Worry.And I Have a 5 HP.Merc.4 Stroke Trolling Motor on it too.Also love the Inigrated Rail for Acc.Hope this Help's any Question's Just Ask.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:08 am
Profile
MMT Pro Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:41 am
Posts: 399
Location: Texarkana, AR
Post Re: Tracker boats for the price. Need advice.
Shadow wrote:
Team Camo wrote:
Not sure, but heard the Marsh Hunter boat line was discontinued. Havin seen one up close, I wouldn't get one, just my .02. Before I had a mud hull, I was runnin mine on a .80 G3 semi-v hull. Definately not the ideal rig, but it will work if all you plan to run is clear water / shallow water with clear bottom.
Just make sure the transom is strong enough to take the abuse. A mm is not like an outboard, it's gonna beat the hell outta the trans.


Sometimes I look back just to make sure it's really still there. Lol


x2x2x2x2

_________________
FEAR MY WAKE!!!!
http://mudmotortalk.com/mmt_v2/viewtopi ... =5&t=12134


Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:50 am
Profile
MMT Addict

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:23 pm
Posts: 507
Location: West Monroe, LA
Post Re: Tracker boats for the price. Need advice.
Sniper 182 wrote:
I run a 1860 Gizz. Mod V with a LT MB 23 Van. at 19.8 open water at 3900 rpms 9x5 Prop And Best 20.2 Both Checked by a Garmin GPS in my Shirt Pocket at the time.Stock Block.Mod's 32 mm Mukuni and a Custom Muffler's.Fast Shallow Running Hull will Draft in 3 1/2 inches of Water at a Dead Stop Mine is a 2006 Model No Floor About 100 Pounds Lighter than Model with Floor total Weight Me 250 Dog 98 LB. Gear Aprox.150. Aprox Total Weight Me Dog Gear Boat Battery Gas Ect.1200 LB.Love the Boat Mostly Run Shallow Water And Mud Hunting season.Elev. 3200 to 3400 Above Sea level Yes I Live In Utah that is Why I Run My Little MB.But it Get's me every Where I Want to go even with This Big A** Boat.Will Not trade it For Nothing Else.Oh I Run a 70 HP Merc.In the Summer for Fishing All Lake's and Resivoir's around Here At 34 to 35 MPH.Run's 3 to 4 foot Swell's like Nothing Just Buckin the White Cap's without a Worry.And I Have a 5 HP.Merc.4 Stroke Trolling Motor on it too.Also love the Inigrated Rail for Acc.Hope this Help's any Question's Just Ask.


dang thats some good speeds!! thats all im gettin with a 25 on a 1448!!!

_________________
Gatortail 1846 35hp GTR with calens stage 2 mods


Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:37 pm
Profile
MMT Member

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:13 am
Posts: 7
Post Re: Tracker boats for the price. Need advice.
Yeh for Some reason it Runs Faster than my Custom Welded 17 48 Did. I Think the Wider Bottem displaces the Weight Better You Wouldnt think it Would but it runs 4- 5 MPH Faster on this Bigger Boat With Same Motor and Prop.And My 17 48 Only Weighd abot 400LB All 0.100. This is a 596 LB Hull.


Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:52 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: benallo53@gmail.com, Brady, Dgraham225, duckrunner99, fowllife08, Inkawhootz, markoutdoorz, MNGunner, nloren1, Phathead, quatro, sccoast, SCmudder7071 and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  



Waterfowl  Topsites with your website ranked.
Waterfowl Sites