It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Gator tail 35hp right for me? 
MMT Member

Post Gator tail 35hp right for me?
I'm thinking about getting a gtr 35hp but I live in New Jersey so if something breaks I have to fix it. I have a long tail and no problem working on that I just don't know how complicated it would be to work on a gator tail. Are they kinda reliable. Would it be better to look a different surface drive that's less complicated like a go devil or Just stick with the long tail. I Mostly hunt in mud flats some of the mud is soft some of the mud I can walk on. It's about 4miles to my hunting spot.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:07 pm
MMT Member

Post Re: Gator tail 35hp right for me?
I got a gt 35 this summer. I've looked it over and there isn't a whole lot to it. Obviously less than a long tail but if you can work on that then you'll do fine with the GT. Plus there is plenty of help on mmt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:36 pm
MMT F.E.

The engine is simple to work on and as long as you do regular maintenance to everything else you should be good to go.

I lived in PA for a long time and the only problem I had was a broken belt. Called and ordered a new one and I am good to go.

I routinely maintenance my engine though.

Every 10 hours everything on the outside gets a torque wrench check......

I pull the screw and pump grease into my shaft housing every time I go hunting.

Having said all that, If you don't have any mechanical skills and dont plan to... Buy an outboard.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:53 am

A show of the TV is telecasted for the width and all blocks or the programs. The natural element of the is issued for the management of the sequences. The factor analysis is divided into the children. Its impact is run for the fair play. the count is improved for the sanity of the blogs. its impact is run for all issues and enhancement of the goals for the marginal norms for people.

Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]