It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 SC marsh mud and now a motor qurstion... 
MMT Pro Member

Post SC marsh mud and now a motor qurstion...
first off, in case anyone is wondering how a mud motor performs in marsh mud (tidel creeks). It actually does great where its flat but where the mud builds up and looses it soupyness, its a no go.

I got bad stuck and was inching my boat out and ending up running the revs pretty high. I know I was bumping the rev limiter a few times. All was well until I was almost freed and I noticed the idle revs were at 3000. Then coming back to the house we were staying at i had to run some more mud and it felt like it didn't have power when I buried it in the mud like it did earlier in the day. Any thoughts on what I screwed up? It doesn't sound like I have any knocking but could I have screwed up my valve adjustment? Its a stock 2016 GTR that I bought new and honestly its had a pretty easy life... until I worked it pretty hard today.

Build thread here.. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=66815

Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:02 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: SC marsh mud and now a motor qurstion...
Here's a picture of what you should not try to make it through...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:04 pm
MMT F.E.

We’re you using reverse to dig out a hole? How’s your prop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:25 am
MMT Pro Member

Prop is still good. I used some reverse. After I finally got it to somewhere I could pull it out i notice that it occasionally would go from idle at 3k to revving even higher randomly, to the point I would just turn it off when it did that. Now I'm wondering if it's electrical.

Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:06 am
MMT Pro Member

So I finally received my tiny tach obd reader. I've got codes 0201, 0202, 0336, and 0505 (both fuel injectors, crank position sensor noisy, and idle air control). Im planning to go through each one to see if there is anything that indicates a fault in them. Just thought it was odd that everything was perfect then boom all 4 codes. Anyone have any thoughts? When the problem started there was alot of high revs and bouncing going on, fwiw. And just so you don't have to re-read the posts, the problem is its now idling at ~3000 rpm and randomly revs rapidly higher from there at "idle" condition (ie. No throttle input), and seems low on power.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:37 pm
MMT Pro Member

Figured it out... a nut on the intake manifold backed out and caused it to almost ingest the gasket. I bought felpro gasket material and made new gaskets (got them to match the holes too, so I got a little added benefit). I put a drop of blue lock tight on the studs and torqued it down. Fired it up and cleared the codes and it seems to run normal now, in the garage. Ill test it on the lake to be sure but I think I got it done.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]