It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 8:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 harley engine 
MMT Pro Member

Post harley engine
just woundering what ever happen to the guy that built the gtr with the hd motor and if gtr is giong to offer it in the furture and if the guy that put that one to gether had any problems or did every thing work out fine? or is he going to offer the kit plates mounts etc :?:

Sat May 08, 2010 9:36 pm
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: harley engine
His name is Marty aka basinlover. From what I gather it's workin great just gotta make adjustments and find all da weak links. Things like dis take a lot of research and development so don't expect to see it on da market anytime soon.

Sun May 09, 2010 7:07 am
MMT Pro Member

still working on it blew the electric clutch twice and broke the crankshaft off of the back of the motor ,had trouble shearing flwheel keys, now in the process of making a FNR gear box with no plantary or electric clutch that stabs over the original crank that has a stater ring gear built on it , Harleys have no starter or ring gear that mounts on the engine. Hopeing to have something done by Caddo but doubt it, work is picking up and have been busy,Had to find a counter rotating starter and drive gears off of a yamaha 150 lower unit and fit into a homemade gear box but getting somewhere. Will take pictures when I get a little closer.

Marty

Sun May 09, 2010 9:36 am
MMT 1000 Club

Gonna be badas when ya get done... Figured the chutch would be trouble.... Never figured that crank would break tho.... The wonderful sound of a big V-Twin... You just gotta love it.....

Sun May 09, 2010 12:33 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Marty, I can send you some pics of the ring gear, stub shaft, etc of the setup I started a while back if that may help.

Sun May 09, 2010 7:35 pm
MMT Pro Member

Wed May 12, 2010 5:08 am
MMT Pro Member

hydralics have to much loss, they are practically indestructable but heavy and I would have to cool the oil some sort off way, anyway got final piece of the puzzle yesterday found a vw starter mini that had the same bendix drive as a harley drive spocket which I think is 8 pitch so I can now start on some drawings because the starter now has to go on the backside of the gearbox, I had to find a counterclockwise starter which there aren't many. Porche and VW. The ring gears I made had too much mass and wanted to keep spining when you hit something I needed a small diameter but couldn't because I had to clear the cylinders now I think I got something that will work. Will keep posted. I also decided to go all out and going to order a 120 cu engine, 139 hp@135 ft torque at 6000 rpm, 9.8 to 1 comp so it will run on pump gas , this way I will pitch the prop as much as possible and gear up belt drive and be able to turn about 3500-4000 rpm and still have over 90 hp, they all have the same diminsions and are pretty much inerchangeable.

Marty

Thu May 13, 2010 11:29 am
MMT Pro Member

:shock: This is going to be a monster... cant wait to hear what you get out of this thing.

Thu May 13, 2010 3:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]