It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 How to adjust rpms on 23 vanguard? 
MMT Pro Member

Post How to adjust rpms on 23 vanguard?
Just got my engine (23 vanguard mudbuddy mini) back after a new carb was put on. They gave it back to me with the idle set at 2000 rpm. I found the adjustment for that on the front of the motor, so I got that set right.

The engine used to turn 4100 rpm full throttle before I brought it to them. It now only turns 3900 rpm. It's only 200 rpm, but I notice a few mph difference. What do I need to adjust to get the rpms back up? I've adjusted the linkage before on a 25 kohler with no problem. I just had to look at it for a minute and the linkage was pretty easier to figure out. With this 23 though, it looks as though it cannot be adjusted anymore. The linkage goes to a plate that swivels and pulls on another linkage going to the carb. On my kohler, i could adjust a screw so the plate would swivel more giving me more throttle. On this 23, the plate that swivels can't be adjusted anymore; it bumps up against a bracket and that is as far as it will open up.

Im sure theres a way to open the throttle a little more. Anyone got an explanation or site that I can look at that will explain it?

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]