It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 9:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 engine mods 
MMT Pro Member

Post engine mods
im looking to beef up my 23 vanguard long tail for next season. im pretty new to all this getting a pro drive soon as i can afford it so for now want all the muscle i can get from what i got. what are some things i can do.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:42 am
MMT Super Elite Member

Post Re: engine mods
Use the search feature to see what some other people have done to their's.

Call Hoyt at gatortail, evt, gecker, etc. Mods ain't cheap to purchase or to maintain. If your plannin on savin money to get a prodrive, I'd reccomend takin the money your gonna burn on mods and putting it in savings. I think the motor will sell easier stock than with mods.

How much were you lookin to spend? That may help you get some input on your thread. Without a budget its hard for people to reccomend what you should do.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:11 am
MMT 1000 Club

x2 on the search feature....

but buy you a stock 36 pd with fpr and be done with it. Thats what I have and I plan on keeping it stock....motor runs great and my dick is big enough...

Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:14 am
MMT Pro Member

I would start with some head work, carb and an exhaust. For the heads you could have the ported and polished and milled flat. On the carb I would call EVT or someone like that and get a mikuni carb for it. Lastly you should do an exhaust in whatever brand you like. If you don't mind going into the case then a cam would be a worthwhile upgrade. But if you do a cam you will more than likely have to upgrade valve springs as well. Best thing you can though is call gecker and evt and talk to them. Just don't call til you have a budget in mind that way they know what to work with.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:35 pm
MMT F.E.

x2 on cb5331..

If your end goal is get the PD, save your money and sell your lt and get what you want..

Might not be exactly what you want right now, but in long run you will be better off...

Little sacrifice/Bigger Gain...

Good luck!

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:53 pm
MMT 1000 Club

No chit, you go modding that thing up, theres a good chance it'll sling something out the top like a frigging yoyo, then you'll have no LT or Pro-drive. 3 mph ain't worth it, save for the PD.

35 GTR chasing a 1650 Polarkrap.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]