It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 9:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Throttle Travel 
MMT Addict

Post Throttle Travel
Anything that can be done to extend the range of travel for a twist grip throttle on a motor that has been modified? I blew my rev limiter a while back and plan on getting another, but would like a little more than a quarter twist between idle and full throttle.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:28 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Throttle Travel
What carb do you have?

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:16 am
MMT Pro Member

What type of twist throttle is it?

Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Addict

Mikuni carb with stock twist throttle

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:04 pm
MMT Pro Member

Are you hitting the roll pins on the collar at the end of the tiller? Make sure you're hitting the idle stop then roll the throttle WFO and see if you're hitting that stop or the roll pin first..

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:19 pm
MMT Addict

I don't recall hitting either....maybe I'm not being clear.

I would like to extend the control range of the motor. At less than a half a turn, I can go from idle to full throttle......VERY sensitive......like me

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:32 pm
MMT Pro Member

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:00 am
MMT 1000 Club

So you do you have what EVT put on or what BB has tricked out for everyone? If you have a short cable connected to the factory throughtle stop with a simple clamp the the below applies. If you have BB setup IDK...

The only way to change the % of rotation before WFO is to change the size of you rotating shaft. 8-)

Think of it like a chain sprocket on a 10 speed and you should ge the jest of it...….. If you get a aftermarket twist grip you will have almost ½ turn before WFO....if you want to try one out shoot me a PM with you address and ill put mine in the mail. If you like it we can work something out.

Later

The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on it daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. Go here and click on the "donate a mammogram". This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for advertising.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]