It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 6:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 gutting out exhaust 
MMT Pro Member

Post gutting out exhaust
Ok well after running my rig with a couple others this past weekend, i noticed my motor is REALLY quite, even had some others comment on it, granted some guys had aftermarket exhausts on but others did not. Anyways I run a stock(other then a K&N filter) 24hp honda mudbuddy sd. Wondering what the pros and cons of gutting out my exhaust are?
I'm listing louder under pro cuz thats what im mainly going for.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:36 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: gutting out exhaust
well no one is saying not to do it...........

Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:29 am
MMT 1000 Club

Probably not alot of Honda's out there (seen mostly Briggs, Kohler, Kawi talked about).

Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:32 am
MMT Pro Member

yes that is one draw back to the Honda engine is not many out there, so less people to talk with that have experience with them and less bolt on mods ect. But its been a great engine for me and the price was right so im not complaining. Eventually when I get a bigger boat I will get a bigger motor and change brands. But that won't be any time soon or atleast not until I graduate college.

Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:04 pm
MMT Pro Member

OK well just for your info if anyone else is thinking about this or has a Honda. I decided to go ahead and gut it out, sand blasted it and repainted it while i was at it. I never really paid attention to my out of water rpms so idk if those have changed but when i get it on the water i will let you know how my in water rpms have changed if any. It also sounds alot better, but not as load as i had expected, i think that has to do with the Honda overall being a quiter engine. But still happy withthe sounds not overally load where you need to wear ear plugs like some guys i have seen. While i had things off and my buddy was gutting it for me, he noticed i has taken the heat shield off and offered to make me a custom one, since he is a lil slow at work. So he made me a polished stainless heat shield with DUCK OFF cut into it. Looks pretty cool, will have to post some pics.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:04 am
MMT Pro Member

Sounds like ya got it right, can't wait to see and hear it.....................

Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]