It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 27 pd 
MMT Pro Member

Post 27 pd
i want to modd ma motor but i wanted to know what to do and how much hp i can get out of that motor. if you have a 27 with modds please post what kinds of modds and pics.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:32 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: 27 pd
when I used to lurk on the old MT site, there was a feller named MitchV that had at one time a modded PD27, hauled butt I believe. Might try looking him up here, seems like Ive seen him round here

Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:09 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: 27 pd
does your 27 have an old style lower unit or a new one? here's one thing to consider... if you have an old one, eventually it's going to give out, and when it does, you may be able to buy a new style for not much more than what it's going to take to fix the old one... if you sell your motor and get a 36 it's already going to have a new style on it. so when you're adding up cost to mod the 27, don't forget to factor that in.

it's something that may or may not matter to you... it might be more economical to just sell out and invest in a 36 depending on your situation.

on the topic of 27 Kohler... you can start out by decking, porting and polishing the heads. also, going with a stock 30 hp kohler intake and a Mikuni is something they do. these are steps I plan to take, but you're best getting the info from the experts. Midwest Supercub is another source for info and parts. MitchV knows his stuff.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]