It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 29 kawasaki fuel pump help!! 

Post 29 kawasaki fuel pump help!!
Hey all. I am sure this has been asked before, but not having much luck in the search. The fuel pump went out on my 29hp Kawasaki longtail. It's probly an 04 or 05 year. I am having a heck of a time finding one even through a kawasaki dealer. I guess they aren't to common around these parts so everyone looks at me like I am crazy. The pump off the motor has two numbers. First is SB7003 second is JIDECO (I believe the maunfacturer) FP619. The dealers that actually find what I am looking for can't seem to get them and tell me they are super pricey.

Does anyone know the actual specs of this fuel pump? Psi, and GPh.? I would assume that a different company actually makes the pumps for kawasaki so a guy could get an aftermarket? Has anyone had any luck getting a cross reference? All the parts stores here can't find one anywhere.

Does anyone know what pump this takes and where I can find one?? Just want to make sure it's the right one.

Need help! It's the middle of season and I can't find one anywhere lol.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:44 pm

Post Re: 29 kawasaki fuel pump help!!
Have you heard anything or figured anything out? I have the same 29hp motor with the same Jideco fuel pump problem... thanks in advance for your help.

Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:40 pm

I couldnt ever find one that I felt comfortable using. They pressure is supposed to be 27psi at 3600rpm. It has a pressure regulator on it so I assume the max pump pressure would be a little more than that. All the inline aftermarket pumps that I could verify the actual pressures around that were around $150 from parts stores. Them they didnt seem to match the fuel volume I needed. I ended up goomg back with a factory on just like what was on it I found new for $225. I didnt want to run the motor to lean or rich on accident so I just felt more comfortable that way.

If you read the reviews there is a guy that claims he has has ran this pump on his mower without issues
http://www.amazon.com/Airtex-E8445-Univ ... B001BFOBXA

Let me know what you decide or what you come up with. I looked all over the place and couldnt come up with one aftermarket

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:49 pm
MMT 1000 Club

There are a few options, one confirmed to work. I'll dig up the post. Gimme a couple mins.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:26 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Walbro GSL393 (40GPH @ 30ish PSI)

Airtex E8228 (38GPH @ 30ish PSI)

Walbro GSL391 (50GPH @ 30ish PSI)

Some aftermarket pumps that meet the required specs as the pump for the FD791D (the 29hp kawa with fuel injection that you have uses a pump with 38 GPH at 26ish psi). The first on the list was used in a 6X6 build with that engine. The second was used buy a guy recently with a mudmotor, said it's working fine, has been on a couple months with no problems to his fuel pressure regulator.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]