It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 23 gdsd running lean? 
MMT Member

Post 23 gdsd running lean?
My nephew has a 23 gdsd with 50 hrs and i believe it has been running lean. Idle is good even with prop down in the water for a shorth amount of time then it will kill on me. Also after prop is down in water if i give it the gas before it kills this will cause it to die. very sensitive when giving it the gas. Turned up the idle by bending tab on back of motor helped with the motor killing but still stalls out when u give it the gas 50% of the time. My question is what screw or screws would adjust the rich and lean.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:41 pm
MMT Member

Post Re: 23 gdsd running lean?
the idle adjustment screws r on the top of the carb take off the airbreather cover ,3r4 screws, an under this cover there is 2 black plastic adjuster 1 on each side of carb the plastic is to limit the amount of adjustment but if u remove this plastic u can adjust these screws more only if u nedd to i would run with one plugwire off of plug at a time adjusting the srews as needed hope this helps
:)

Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:33 pm
MMT Member

THANX FOR INFO IM ASSUMING I TURN BOTH JUST A LITTLE AT A TIME UNTIL I GET IT RIGHT. NOT REAL SAVVY W/THIS WHATS THE PURPOSE OF ONE PLUG WIRE BEING REMOVED

Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:15 pm
MMT Member

if u remove one wire then u can set that cylinder and ajust that side of the carb then remove the other side an connect back first wire to see which cylinder is backfiring and adjust as needed u do not have to do it this way its the way i tried and for me so far so good good luck :D

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:23 pm
MMT Member

Thanks marsh man I took the air filter & plate off and got to the top of the carb. did not see those 2 black caps, but did see the idle adjustment behind the front cover just behind where my tach is located. turned it up a bit wiil have to wait till I put it in the water to know if it . Someone told the 23's have 2 different types of carb depending on year I guess. Meaning some have idle adjustment from the front single screw and others the way u described.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]