It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Prodrive 36hp sporadic bog 
MMT Member

Post Prodrive 36hp sporadic bog
I’ve got an 06 PD 36hp with heads,hsr42,bps Q. While running WOT if I hit something and kick the motor up it will die until I bring it back under half throttle. Same issue will arise every now and again just running around the lake. It’s very random and I haven’t been able to predict it yet. Brand new new fuel tank,line,filter,bulb, fuel pump. Carb and heads are only 3 months old but it has this problem before that’s why I modded it thinking it would fix it. Sometimes pumping primer bulb will help slowly but it keeps the filter full. I’ve checked all wiring/connections and can’t find anything obvious wrong. Anybody else run into this issue or does it sound electrical related and maybe I need to keep looking in that area?

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:53 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Prodrive 36hp sporadic bog
Check the float tab on the mikuni. If its not set right, your carb will starve from lack of fuel. If the tab is slightly bent too much, then you will overflow fuel slightly out the over flow tube. This could be sparatic. WFO, will happen quicker, cruising around and when you hit something, motor kicks up, bowl not full, engine starves. If it were electrical, like coils (you don't have CDI coils), then it would kill and not keep running. IMO, I would adjust the tab so that a small drip comes out of the carb, then go run WFO for as far as you think it will do it, and see what happens. If it runs fine, slightly bend back until no fuel over flows out.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:58 am
MMT Member

Will give it another shot. Also bought an in-line low pressure electric pump to try.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:47 am
MMT 1000 Club

Shouldn't need a fuel pump. I had my 07 briggs stage 2 with no fuel pump. Went to Kawasaki stage 2, same thing, no fuel pump. And my tank was up front, 14' away. The starving happened on the Kawasaki, but it was on long WFO runs. Slight tweek and it was all good.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:13 pm
MMT Member

10-4 mines in the bow of a 1754. I’ll keep tinkering but that kawi swap caught my attention. Been reading that 30+ page post about it

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]