It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Carburetor 
MMT Member

Post Carburetor
Hey guys, I have a Kohler CV730 engine for my Prodrive motor. I just took the carb off and it is a float style carb. Since I have it off I was considering a different type of carb. Not really sure if just switch the carb out will do me any good, but I was mainly wondering if there was a carb out there I could get that has a mixture screw as well as the idle screw easily accessed. I'm not very familiar with doing engine work but am trying to learn so that I can take care of minor repairs on my own at the very least. I've heard of Mikuni carbs, but if anyone has some insight for me that'd be great! Thanks!!

Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:45 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Carburetor
Probably something in the mikuni flat slide 32mm slflavor would work, but don't know if that's the ideal size for that engine or not. With the right jetting, it might, or it might need a 34 or 30.

#CFFITR
#TheGhostBoat
#whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:19 pm
MMT Sponsor

Post Re: Carburetor
I'm sure a mikuni would be best but don't overlook your stock one. If has an idle fuel adjument ,it's a pumper carb and the factory governer will still work. A mikuni sounds like more fun, lol

Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]