It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Info on a 35 hp vanguard 613477-0121-E1 
MMT Member

Post Info on a 35 hp vanguard 613477-0121-E1
So I picked up an older Beavertail longtail with a 35 vanguard about 3 weeks ago. Motor is older I believe a 05 or 06. Motor is a 613477-0121-E1. I have no idea if its a CDI or non. Not sure where my RPM's are limited to. The most I was able to get it to turn up to is 3600 out of the water. Still having issues getting it completely dialed in but that is for another post. Just trying to figure out where I should before I get into the rest of the tuning.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:42 pm
MMT F.E.

Post Re: Info on a 35 hp vanguard 613477-0121-E1
That's a non-CDI. You should be turning 4100 or so RPMs OOW. Is the gov stopping you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:24 pm
MMT Member

Post Re: Info on a 35 hp vanguard 613477-0121-E1
When I bought the motor it was missing the purple governor spring ( on order ) and throttle cable was snapped. I bought a new cable and installed it and just went to True Value and got a generic springs. At first I was fighting surging issues and not consistently idling. I took it to a guy in my area that is a backyard mechanic and has a local Mud motor facebook page. He helped me clean the carb but then he started messing with the governor and mixture screws. When I was there my tach took a dump because it got wet with the rain she it was running smoother but once I got my tach dried out and working the next day when I water tested it I was idling at like 2000 RPMS and out of the water 3400 RPMS out of the water at the ramp. I put it in the water because I was dieing to test it. In the water once I fit 2900-3000 RPMS it would surge on me under load. When I got home I reset the governor ( turned all the way clock wise wuth WOT ) and tried adjusting the tabs and got no where

I am not sure what exactly is stopping me but I think I narrowed it down to governor springs and not properly adjusting the throttle cable. I think the generic spring isn't strong enough to completely open the throttle. I can push on the governor arm and it was turn higher. Like I said I ordered the purple spring and bought a new tach just to rule out that the one that got wet was not working right. The surging issue under load has me baffled but leaning towards a vacuum leak or fuel delivery issue.

Once I get the spring in I am going to play with it more. I am going to pull the carb back off and clean it again and replace the fuel lines and see where I am at

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]