It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Installed my delta L3 
MMT Pro Member

Post Installed my delta L3
I just finished up installing a delta L3 on my 37HDR and had a couple question.

First I got the motor put back together and noticed I left the two small metal plates off that looks to just protects the inside part of the heads under the intake. Do these small plates serve any purpose other than keeping trash off of the heads? I didn’t know if they served any cooling purposes, if they don’t serve any purpose I am just going to leave them off.

Second question is what RPM do you guys try to stay around when running. I’m not trying to bounce the rev limiter all day because I want this motor to last a couple years. I know RPM’s t will very depending on load and what not but I always tried to keep my stock around 4200 while riding.

Third, I bought an 11 pitch hammer for it and now need to have my big blades worked to handle the extra HP, what’s a good pitch for a big blade with the level 3 pushing an 1851 prodigy.

Thanks guys.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:20 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Installed my delta L3
Run the big blades at current pitch and get rpms at wot during your best speed and get that speed. See how much prop slip you have with the current set up and see how your holeshot is. After you get that info, get at me and I can get you baggys info so you can get those props dialed in just right

Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:12 am
MMT Sponsor

Post Re: Installed my delta L3
And put those plates back on. Yes they are needed for cooling

Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]