It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Can you tell me what I'm looking at? 
MMT Pro Member

Post Can you tell me what I'm looking at?
Complete newbie with lawnmower engines. This is a backwater 23 . Wondering what the two hoses I'm looking at are . Are plugged in to what seems to form some kind of loop that was terminated.

Also, there's the yellow plastic tube coming out from under the air filter. Everything is running fine, would just like to know what these are. Bought this thing used out of Mobile about four years ago and had it sitting up ever since. Changed the oil, greased all the alamites I could find, and it started on the first turn. Found that it had no air filter; guess that's one way to do it. I got the filters purchase and installed.

Thanks for the help. And I'm open to any advice on other things I might want to check since it's been sitting up.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1542 F&F 23HP Backwater SWOMP (under construction)

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:36 pm
MMT Sponsor

Post Re: Can you tell me what I'm looking at?
The hose in your hand goes to the air filter adapter elbow, it's not used and has that plug from factory. The other 2 look out of place. If running good then no worries . If you decide to pull air filter lower housing then add pics here and we can line u out

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]