It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 37 GTR EFI 
MMT Pro Member

Post 37 GTR EFI
Need some help figuring out what’s going on. I replaced my battery on my boat and hooked it all up. Motor will turn over but not fire off. I have check fuses and relays and all seem to be good. Typically when I turn the ignition switch you can hear the fuel pumps kick in and now I’m not hearing that. Iv been talking with gatortail and they seem to think it’s not the fuel pumps. I’m lost and don’t know what else to check. I’ve checked kill switch and all the normal stuff. Could it be my in line fuel pump is out and not reading with the pump under the air breather? Any help would be appreciated to get this thing running. Thanks in advance!!

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:28 pm
MMT Sponsor

Post Re: 37 GTR EFI
The chances of both pumps being dead is slim, check for fire at plugs. If it's firing this verifies the ecu is working and crank sensor is talking. From there I would disconnect the kill switch and try. There is one wire on the ecu that runs to the kill switch and key switch, when it's grounded the ecu doesn't allow the pumps to come on. You can also verify 12v on the lift pump hot wire. It will only come on for a second when key is first turned to on. Then ecu looks for engine rotation to put full time 12v to the pumps

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]