It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 MB HP Mini 25 EFI help 
MMT Member

Post MB HP Mini 25 EFI help
I am new to mud motors and could use some help...I have a MB HP Mini 25 EFI on a Lowe 1542. I know its not a mud hull but its what I can afford

here is my problem...

I got the boat and motor mated up and the motor centered on the transom, a 25 HP EFI Mud Buddy Mini on a Lowe 1542. But when I want to go straight at speed the boat wants to turn to the right and I have to steer to the left to go straight (I site on the right side of the motor so the tiller pushes into me hard). This causes a ton of drag from the skeg and slows me down...is this torque steer?

So how do I fix? I believe the boat is balanced cause it reduced this issue but hasn't gone away.

Should I...
1) offset motor if so which way or

2) bend the skeg if so which way?

So far even with fighting the tiller I get 20-21 me (260lbs) gas battery open deep water. I think I will get a few more MPH once I get this issue sorted out...be less drag.

Thanks for the help guys.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:53 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: MB HP Mini 25 EFI help
Do a search. Been discussed with great information numerous times here. Short answer, bend the skeg the direction you want it to turn and/or scoot the motor a half inch at a time to the side it wants to turn until it's right. Also, trim some. You may be able to knock out some of the torque steer by trimming up.

#CFFITR
#TheGhostBoat
#whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:58 pm
MMT Member

Post Re: MB HP Mini 25 EFI help
thank you for the input

I will search

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]