It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 36 Hp EFI ProDrive issues 
MMT Member

Post 36 Hp EFI ProDrive issues
I have a 36 with the ecotrons efi kit it had a very bad idle when i got it. I changed the fuel pressure regulator, fuel filters, air filter, oil change all fuel lines. I tested both pick up and high pressure pump , set the valves and magneto armeture, changed spark plugs, cleaned vapor fuel module. I put a fresh batter checked all connectors and cleaned with elect cleaner.
The motor runs great in and out of gear on the trailer but once its in the water it will not throttle up in gear. I noticed the mil blink code light, flashes 6 times about 1 sec apart, stops for 3 sec and then flashes 3 times.
What does the code light flashes mean, what am i missing with this motor and is their a way to reset the ecu manually? thank u any help will be greatly appreciated

Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:43 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: 36 Hp EFI ProDrive issues
Here is the blink codes. EFI trouble codes——-
1 Flash = CKP (Crank Position) Error Code
2 Flashes = MAP (Manifold Absolute PSI) Error Code
3 Flashes = Ub Battery Error Code (Low Battery Voltage, Hi Battery Voltage, Loose Connection)Error Code
4 Flashes = TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) Error Code
5 Flashes = ECT (Engine Coolant Temp Sensor) Error Code
6 Flashes = IAT   (Intake Air Temp Sensor)

Prodrive removed the fuel vapor junk off the side of mine. Said it was causing something to make the motors run like crap. Min just has a brass “T” in the line. Feed fuel line hits the “T” one side to the bottom of fuel pump the other is the return from the regulator. Will C helped a lot with mine and everyone on here says he is very slick with this PD EFI. Maybe he will chime in later. There is a lot of discussion on this EFI from when I had trouble with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:32 pm
MMT Sponsor

The correct way to diag is to tie into ecu or do some sensor backprobing. Each day that efi is getting more outdated and fewer people that can fix it. By your code you could put a sensor on it just as a test. A leakdown/ heath check of engine is not a bad idea either.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:21 am
MMT Member

sorry for the extreamely late reply. Thank you for your much appreciated help. Motor is running great now after some new injectors and other minor stuff.

Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]