It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 2010 23 hp Gator Tail 
MMT Member

Post 2010 23 hp Gator Tail
So I am buying my first duck boat/mud motor and have a few questions about the engine, as well as maintenance. As you know by the name of the topic, it is a 2010 23 hp Vanguard Gator Tail. I've tried to do as much research on this as possible, but have had a hard time finding much on the 23 hp engines and some of my questions in general. So here are my questions/concerns;

1-Are there any common issues with these engines that I should be aware of?
2-Apart from the recommended maintenance, is there anything else that should be done on a normal basis?
3-When I checked the power trim, it moved up and down extremely slow. The current owner said it was due to the weather and it moves faster when the temps are warmer, is this true? (outside temp was 22 w/out windchill)
3.5-How do you service the power trim unit?
4-The throttle cable seemed to not fully retract when disengaged, I had to push the lever fully open. Can that just be adjusted?
5-How do I know when to replace the brake pads and how do you do it?

I am sure I could think of more questions, but those are my main questions/concerns. Clearly I am new to this and have very little knowledge and/or experience in regards to this, so any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]