It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Mud Buddy 37 EFI HDR powerhead 

Post Mud Buddy 37 EFI HDR powerhead
Long time lurker, infrequent poster here. I appreciate all the info and the banter on this forum. I have a question regarding my MB 37EFI. Last fall I was rear ended by another boat while running (er not running) really skinny and shallow. The trailing boat had minimal time to react and my motor took my buddies pointed bow full force and then glanced off. Fortunately, the other operator cranked the tiller sparing myself, my son, and my dog any injury. The lower unit took all the damage. My rig was insured and the insurance company replaced my 37 with the new 40 anniversary edition and decided not to salvage the old motor. Long story short, I have a new 40hp motor and a slightly used but currently damaged 37hp (lower unit) with approximately 40 hrs total on it. Question is what would you guys do? I could put about $800 into the 37hp and sell it fully operational --- or --- I could just sell the powerhead. The market for a complete mud motor or just the powerhead here in Alaska is less than lively but I could try to sell it locally or nationally with with associated shipping costs. This begs the question, what would y'all experts price the rebuilt motor at vs. the powerhead and what would you advise as the best course of action?

Thanks,

Akdodger

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:46 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Mud Buddy 37 EFI HDR powerhead
So the casting can be bought for rather cheap, hows the lower unit, that's the majority of the money lower unit, planetary and magnets.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2014 PRODIGY 1754 (#19) 2014 5500 BAMF HDR RETRO SOLD

2010 Gator Tail Gator Series 18x54 pushed by a 2020 40GTRXD

Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]