It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 9:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 37 EFI Wire Harness Replacement Questions 
MMT Member

Post 37 EFI Wire Harness Replacement Questions
37 EFI died while out on the river. Figured out something was going on with the wire harness, and I was able to get it back to the ramp while pulling on the harness that holds the relays and fuses, something was loose. After reading up on this site, I ordered a new harness. The new harness has an extra plug that my old harness did not have. After triple checking the part number ( 847336), I am 99% sure I got the correct one? I now have everything hooked up, but I am not getting power to the starter. I can hear the relays kick on, but no starter trying over. Can anyone help me? Do I have the wrong part? The picture shows the extra plug which is black and orange

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:57 am
MMT Super Elite Member

Post Re: 37 EFI Wire Harness Replacement Questions
Just changed out mine in a 40EFI. I was running on one cylinder but unpredictably. Now it runs fine. Initially thought it was a fuel delivery issue or bad gas. GatorTail changed out fuel delivery and installed water separator. Still had intermittent issue of running on one cylinder.

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Sponsor

Post Re: 37 EFI Wire Harness Replacement Questions
The extra connector is for a tach. Put some dielectric grease in it and ziptie it facing down so water can’t sit in it. Yes you can add a factory tach to it later. It not spinning over isn’t related to replacing the harness. There is a yellow wire that has a female spade on it that is the 12v trigger to the starter solenoid. It comes from the keyswitch. If this is a Mudbuddy then the yellow wire runs to the neautral switch and a blue wire comes off that switch makeing it a blue wire that plugs on to that 12v trigger terminal on back of starter. Prob something easy or not plugged into key-switch all the way

Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]