It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Motor maintenance 
MMT Pro Member

Post Motor maintenance
I have seen both the Gator tail maintenance video and BPS’s video on mud buddy maintenance. It seems MB has way more extensive maintenance than a gt as far as resealing the back plate and moving the belt and etc... That seems like a real pain and it makes gt’s maintenance look like the better option, but is this actually a good thing? The way gt’s back housing is you cannot really access the back like you can a mb. Is this a pro or con? As far as needing to replace parts or get to something that you might not can with a gt? Educate me. Thanks for feedback.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:30 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Motor maintenance
They're both fine. A set of crows foot wrenches with a good extension and the mb isn't a problem. Gt got the belt housing right-ish but has other quirks when you need to work on them. Neither drive unit is more trouble than the other overall, and they'll both hold up fine. You'll hear conflicting stories about customer service with both, i say go with prodrive if that's the most important thing to you.

#CFFITR
#mudmotor>physics

Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:53 pm
MMT 1000 Club

If you want easy maintenance, I would go with the gatortail. You can access everything you need by removing the clutch cover and the clutch if need be, and the shaft unbolts from the belt housing in about 15 minutes. It’s simple and easy to access whatever you need to get to.

Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:22 am
MMT Pro Member

Grease intervals are longer on the MB drive

Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]