It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 First mud boat - help and advice??? 

Post First mud boat - help and advice???
Im looking at getting a mud boat. Gonna run it at my ranch in the river catfishing, trot lines, bass fish 3 to 4 people, ice chest fulla beer... Gonna run it at the coast in the bays and back water red fishing, trout, flounder... Then gotta be able to run the coast and lakes for duck hunting. I got 12 dozen decoys, usually 3 to 4 people, Ice chest.. yall know the drill...

most use will be in the river. full of big rocks under the water and logs... outboard dont work...

open to opinions on boats... would like a poling platorm on back, and availability of options...

Ive been looking at the gator trax boats and the F4... cant figure out a size I need, or size motor ill need...

i drove a 18x54 with hunt deck gator trax with a 5500 mag on it.. I remember it got up and went! but it was a work out turning that motor, really had to muscle it and the handle seemed so long,

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:23 pm
MMT F.E.

Post Re: First mud boat - help and advice???
Why the F4? Have you looked at gator tail or prodrive? The most popular boat sizes are probably 1754 and 1854, so start there. You can get a gator tail or pro drive and have them beef it up to have the same hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:21 pm
MMT 1000 Club

With the loads and expectations you're describing, an 1860 or larger (19 or 2054, or 60 or 72 inch bottom) with a modded single, or go duals, with a center console so you get the steering wheel would be a better fit than a 17 or 1854.

Godevil, Gatortail, Prodigy, Prodrive, and gatortrax all make something that would work. I hunt with someone that has a 1954 gatortrax, plus the huntdeck, and it would handle what you're talking about, but plan on mods once you get a boat that big to tote the loads you describe. The hoss 75 wouldn't require mods, and might be what you're looking for.

#CFFITR
#TheGhostBoat
#whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:04 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]