It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Boat with mudmotor 

Post Boat with mudmotor
So I’ve been looking for a boat that will serve my purposes with bow fishing and duck hunting. Ive been looking at a 2006 press 1650 fb, a 2004 war eagle 1648 mod v, and a 2010 Lowe roughneck 1654 fb. My question is what is a good boat to run a 31-35 hp mud buddy with. I live in iowa so wont be going through a lot of mud but more shallow water to get to my bowfishing spot and thick vegetation with duck hunting. Will have 2 people plus me most of the time. Really not looking for something that is 18 foot long. I want stable but i do go through some chop on the river so was thinking a mod v would be better for that. Any help would be great, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:49 pm
MMT Addict

Post Re: Boat with mudmotor
I live in Iowa also, and hunt and fish the Mississippi, Cedar, And Iowa rivers. In southeast Iowa since 2004 I've been running Flat bottom 1648 Jons, SeaArk, Lowe and currently Alumacraft. All with Big Block Mud Buddy surface drive motors. All have ran well with out issues. Alumacraft I'm running now is going into its ninth season, and I'm pushing it with a Modded 45 MB. Fast enough and carries a load really well. Any of the boats you mention will get the job done. IMO.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:50 pm
MMT 1000 Club

All I’d add here is to be careful about overloading a boat that size with bowfishing gear. It doesn’t take much to get in a bad spot and be underpowered with a mudmotor.

Be safe and reasonable and you should find what you need. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:02 pm
MMT Member

Ran a 37Efi MB sport v on a 1754 war eagle mod v Hull. Couldn’t get on step with 3 people no matter what. Pretty sure it was a cavitation issue with the sport v but can’t be certain. I’d go with a mud hull and do a v rake up front if you’re worried about chop. Or a standard 40-50hp outboard with a jack plate on the mod v.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]