It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 I need more speed 
MMT Member

Post I need more speed
Hey y'all, first off let me start off with a hello to all here, I'm
New to the site although I've stalled it religiously. And its help me tremendously. So my rig is a alumacraft 1436lt. Mated to a gx390 and the KKK LT. Now let me include before people start telling to buy something else I'm seriously ballin on a budget. I do what I can with what I have. I'll never probably own a 3 or 4k SD. not hating them or thier owners one bit, just not the life I'm living, I love this rig! It gets me from point A to B and back to the ramp everytime. It's crazy econmical, easy to launch. easy to load. And puts us in amazing adventures. And its CHEAP. Loaded with my 230lbs a small 20qt cooler and my wife and daughter, plus my other junk I'm estimating about 400lb max load in boat. And we run 16 to 18 mph @ wot. In the ditch lines with trees and stumps it's plenty fast , but the run down the river is what sucks. Seems like we're moving at the speed of smell, so back to my question. To soup up the 13 hp or jump up to the predator V-Twin 22 hp. I've checked and double checked. The v twin will bolt onto my mounting plate every should bolt up. I bought my kit used... So I have no warranty to worry about i just want power at my disposal. I even bought a 15hp outboard to fill my speed craving which freaking boogies on the 1436 slides like my airboat. And tops out at 28mph@wot. Maybe a little sketchy but It's fun .but man, night and day difference on where the same boat will go with the different motors, any way I got tired of swapping motors back and fourth so I bought another matching boat. I've got twins lol My problem now is that my wife has claimed the outboard boat. So I'm back to trying to fulfill my speed addiction with my longtail . PS sorry for the ramblings

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:45 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: I need more speed
You're running a longtail. By nature, speed is going to be a struggle past 20. They only turn so many rpms, and are 1 to 1 gear ratio. The 22hp is gonna weight more, and on that boat, is gonna affect speed more than on something larger. With budget being a major factor, I'm not sure there is a good answer to your speed goals, because mods will be in order with either engine to turn the prop you'd need to for 25mph, and those cost money since they're gonna be one offs. Sticking with that smaller engine might be better and seeing what you can find in the lawnmower racing world for mods since development has been done to some extent.

#CFFITR
#TheGhostBoat
#whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:09 pm
MMT Pro Member

Robertson torque tube, jets, and K&N style air intake work my 212 up, got it to do 22 MPH down river with a tail wind on a 1432. Normaly cruised at 10-15 depending on current and load.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:57 am
MMT Pro Member

that’s pretty fast for such a small Motor. What river are you going down and what distance are you traveling?

Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:38 am
MMT Pro Member

I wasn't traveling far, just tooling around trying to trap a few easy beaver before ice up. It was the Chatanika River just outside Fairbanks.

I thought I had video of hitting 21, but I didn't find it. At the end of this video I hit 19.5 with a load of traps and some gear. Didn't set any traps that day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYorwcJuAsY

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:05 am
MMT 1000 Club

get a 90 merc with a tiller. should go plenty fast.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:03 pm
MMT Member

I'm glad to come to this place.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:21 am
MMT Member

I have a 13 hp predator (same as the GX390) motor that I was planning on building for my boat. It is pretty easy to get 20 hp out of these motors and still have a reliable motor. Do you have any mods to your motor so far? Stage 1 is very easy and cheap, intake, exhaust, and re jet make a big difference with these motors.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]