It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 1442 Jon Boat Help 

Post 1442 Jon Boat Help
Hey y’all. I’m planning on buying a 1442 G3 Jon boat/12 HP copperhead surface drive for duck hunting. Can’t have a trailer where I hunt and don’t have room at house anyway. This will be for a 2 man, 1 dog , and light hunting gear load. Planning on installing wheels to the transom and buying a bed extender for the truck (5.5 ft bed). Has anybody done this before? Boat is 200 lbs and dry motor is 130 lbs, so it’s going to be a PITA loading/unloaded into the truck I’m sure. Gator glide on the bottom should help when pushing it onto the tailgate/extender, right? Couple things I’m worried about with this set-up is carrying weight capacity on the water (rated for 720 lbs), loading/unloading weight, and stress on the hull when driving (bow will need to go in first because of motor/wheels). Will adding foam to the floor and floatation pods help with carrying load capacity? Will the motor hanging off the bed of the truck put too much stress on the hull? Do y’all think this is feasible? Any suggestions or input would be appreciated.

Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]