It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Aluminum Repair/Customization Near Houston 

Post Aluminum Repair/Customization Near Houston
Hi guys, I inherited an 18x42 weldbilt tunnel with a 40 hp merc (2003-2004ish) when my dad passed away a few years ago. Work and kids have kept me from using it, so it sat for about 2 years. My boy is now 4 and work is normalizing (except for virus) so I wanted to get it ready to use. I got it running the other day, and it was taking on a bit of water, the engine's water pump wasn't pushing enough water through, and the trailer is shot to hell.

I need to figure out whether to sell it to someone as a project boat or whether to kit it out myself. I have been looking for boat repair/customization shops in the Houston area, but most are focused on doing aluminum work for larger boats. I'm looking for someone who can diagnose whats wrong with the engine and give me an estimate, find the leaks and give me an estimate on repairs, and get a new trailer. If all that works out to make sense to bring her back to life, I would also like a little aluminum work done adding spud poles, etc. I would appreciate any recommendations for folks to take a look at the boat and give me an estimate of what it would take to bring her back to life.

This is my first post, but I've been reading this site for a long time. If yall think this is a dumb idea and I should just sell it, feel free to tell me.

Wed May 06, 2020 10:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]