It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 prop rework? 
MMT Pro Member

Post prop rework?
I want to send off my old prop to get worked and repitched. I heard some of Yall doing it and would like to get mine done while I have the new one on. Can you give it to any local prop shop or does it need to go to a shop that specialize in mud props. If I need to ship it off. Can Yall give me some info of where to send it. I live I south Carolina if that makes a difference. And also I was thinking of making the worked prop sort of a fishing prop since I hear they don't last as long after repair. If I go this route would Yall recommend going up on pitch and maybe add some speed to the boat due to light loads and not being in shallows. Right now with the big blade while running light loads, I'm turning to many rpms. I already have a different gear from stock on a hd4000. Thanks

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:00 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: prop rework?
Send it to Glen Hopkins, I'm in SC too, that's who I use and he'll rework your wheel for you. www.hopkinspropeller.com

Call and tell him what you're running, rpm's, boat, etc. he'll hook you up.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:01 pm
MMT Sponsor

:shock: You're still hitting the rev box with that 48 tooth?

Killer Kallz & ANGLE PORT dealer
(409) 720-8949

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

Thanks cajan and I know where you live I bought that bent longtail frame from you years ago. And yes its all over the rev limiter when alone or 2 people and light load. And I run the same speed with 3 people as I do with myself but just lower rpm. It doesn't seem right to run the same speed in my mind but it does. I think its just such a light boat regardless of the gear change

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]