It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Backwater 7x4 Prop 
MMT Member

Post Backwater 7x4 Prop
I have a couple of questions about props in general. I'll start by saying that I ordered a 6.5hp kit from backwater that I plan to put a stage 3 predator 212cc on to push my layout boat. I got the kit and everything looks top notch quality. Can't wait to get the motor built and test it out on the layout. I got to looking at the prop and noticed that the leading edge of the prop is very thick and also square and that the prop is pretty rough in finish. First question is are all longtail props square on the leading edge? I'm used to outboard props which are considerably thinner and sharp on the edge. Second question is would it be fine to round the leading edge to help with prop efficiency? I don't want to sharpen it, just round the hard corners only on the leading edge to create less drag. Third question, would it benefit any from polishing the rough finish of the prop? Not looking for a mirror shine, just thinking of wet sanding with some 1000 grit or something to clean it up a little. Does anyone else have a backwater 7x4 prop? Did it come like this? Thanks for the advice.
Attachment:
bw_prop_1.jpg

Attachment:
bw_prop_2.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]