It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 question for scavenger owners 
MMT Pro Member

Post question for scavenger owners
I have only seen pictures of scavengers and their props. My question is do the auger style props hold up better in rocky, gravel type waters than the regular mud props on other mud motors? does anyone know if auger style props are made for regular long tails?

Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:03 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: question for scavenger owners
The auger prop has full contact throughout the rotation, unlike the chopping type contact like all the other props. I can't say about rocks and stuff, but I know it doesn't do worth a sht in the mud. The prop will not dig in, it just glances off the top of the mud surface, and wants to run sideways instead of pushing you forward.

I don't think you can get an auger prop for other LT's, and I wouldn't bother if you could. The Scavenger props are for Scavenger motors only, the design of their motor has the prop turning backwards compared to everybody else, so you can't put a Scavenger prop on anything else, and you can't put anything else on a Scavenger.

35 GTR chasing a 1650 Polarkrap.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:17 am
MMT Elite Member

DMD, have you ever thought of attaching a regular outboard prop to the ole scavenger. They turn in the same direction.

(New Motor) viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54733

Stumps Fear Me

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:59 am
MMT 1000 Club

I thought about it, I would have to get one drilled out to smooth 3/4'' bore, and drilled out for a round keyway. We have sandy mud bottoms here, not sure how long an outboard prop would last. My thinking about how to improve the scavenger days are over, I am now awaiting my 35GTR. :mrgreen:

Not sure what I'm gonna do with the scavenger, probably gonna sell it.

35 GTR chasing a 1650 Polarkrap.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:09 pm
MMT F.E.

Location: DODGIN ROCKS ON THE RIVER OR CARS ON THE INTERSTATE
yes it works well in the rocks. they will wear some but the prop strikes are not a hard as with a regular prop. as mentioned above it will not work on any other motor.

that being said rocks and gravel arnt that bad on a regular prop. they look bad but the size or profile of the prop doesnt change that much. this is all i run and my prop looks like a steak knife but its the same profile or size as it started out. i came from running sand where until you put it next to a new prop you dont realise how much is gone. i remember the first time out with the first bt lt i owned. didnt know $hit and trashed a prop in a few hours. i was eatin up the sand bottom like it was just water. got home with just a little more than a hub.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]