It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 GTR Prop? 
MMT 1000 Club

Post GTR Prop?
I have a 35gtr with Mikuni Carb, Evt intake and exhaust, I am running a 12x10 Hopkins Tulip prop right now and it does ok in the mud. Would I be better off with the 12" Big Blade of GT or sticking with this prop. I am mainly looking for something that will work good in the shallow water and mud, not worried about it being fast or anything.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:11 am
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: GTR Prop?
Send me yours and I'll send you mine and then see how you feel about it 8-). I had a 12x12 hopkins on my modded brigs and the hole shot was not as good as the GT prop but it had lots of meat on it and was a beast. Pm Blaze he has it now and get his opinion.

As far as comparing both 12x10's I have not done it so IDK.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:28 am
MMT Pro Member

Like DG said the hole shot is not great with the 12x12. With a load it takes me a min to get up. I think the prop is badazz, and would recomend it to anyone. GT prop is goob but don't have the meat like that hopkins. I got a brand new GT prop about a month ago and the hopkins is back on. The first run out it got bent bad and I am waiting to get it back. If the shallow water your gonna be running has a lot of crap in the water go with the hopkins. I think the GT props are to thin. My buddy whos fixing my prop said the new was was a lot thinner than my original GT prop. Thats after 2 years of running it on my rig. Don't know if there doing something different or not. I sent a message to Kyle but never heard anything. As far as mud I think its about equal. In the lillies its the hopkins hands down. I ran through like they weren't there.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:58 am
MMT 1000 Club

I got this hopkins when I had about 10 hours on my boat, so I didnt have a good comparison from stock to this one. The hopkins is starting to get worn so I just didnt know if I should order another or get stock when this one is toast.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]