It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 23 copperhead shaft replacement 

Post 23 copperhead shaft replacement
Dropped my boat of to Gil last week to get motor looked at because it was leaking water into belt housing and I wanted him to fix where it was leaking and look over rest of motor. Well come to find out the problem all started with my prop being worn down and out of balance so it was vibrating everything loose. While inspecting it it he said my shaft was messed up and that it would be $1200 to replace. So my thing is my motor was running and driving fine although there was some vibration but nothing serious so I’m trying to figure out if it really needs to be replaced how hard it would be to replace the shaft myself and how much I could do it for? If anyone has experience with replacing a shaft on a copperhead 23 and can give me some tips and instructions I’d appreciate it.

Tue May 29, 2018 12:14 pm
MMT Sponsor

Post Re: 23 copperhead shaft replacement
I've rebuilt some. Yes the parts are high. I can see burning up 800ish with a new prop. If you can do it yourself you might get out for 5/600 with a prop. You do have to cut the weld on the lower shaft and reweld when done. If u decide to do it start a how to thread and I will walk you through it

Tue May 29, 2018 5:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]