It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Prop question 
MMT Pro Member

Post Prop question
Currently running a Hill Marine 12.5x12 It’s the prop in the attachment. Have a modded gator tail (cam, heads, Carb, exhaust). For my uses the prop has been fantastic. Shoots up out of the hole in a blink and carries a very heavy load on my 2060.

My engine is rev limited to 4600 and this prop will carry me in an empty rig WOT at 30mph at 4250rpm’s.

What difference would I see if I got the same prop but 11p instead of 12p? Would I be at the rev limiter in the same scenario or gain any significant rpm? I’ve only run the prop I currently have and a worn big blade so I don’t really know what to expect

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:42 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Prop question
That's good speed for that size boat imo. By reducing the pitch, you will get improved holeshot and probably bump your
Optimal rpm range to about 4400-4500 range. The cons of reducing pitch with the set up you have and the speeds you are getting, is that you may lose a bit if top end speed, that is, if you are running empty. Running with a load, you will possibly see better speeds with a less degree of pitch.

Contact baggy in Houma and ask him. He has about 10 of those exact props in his shop and works with them a lot.

Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]