It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Prop slip 
MMT Pro Member

Post Prop slip
I run a 20hp Honda GD on a 1636 GD duck skiff. I recently put this motor on the skiff. It runs smooth but slow, running 3620 rpm at wot, 3480 in water but the boat would only go 14mph. Didn’t matter if it was just me solo at 240, or with another person at around 240 also. Boat would run and plane up fine(same top speed) just wasn’t very fast. I then removed the 90lbs of saturated floor flotation. I then rebuilt the carb and adjusted the governor so she would run 4440 wot.
Now she quickly gets up, but at 15mph the prop spins and it feels like it falls off step, slows down significantly then prop catches and she’s back on step going 15 again. This happens anytime I’m trying to accelerate past 3500rpm. If I stay 1/2 throttle she chugs along fine, just slow.
I got the 9x6 prop off tonight, it measured 8.75”. I don’t notice any cup. Could this be cause of my problem?
My question is, do you think this prop is worth having worked? I have Precision Propellers in Lake Charles near me I am thinking of taking it to them. I planned on a new 9x6prop from backwater anyway, I was just wondering if this prop is worth having worked for a spare.

The prop-

The skiff-

Thanks,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]