It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 XD Prop Stuck 
MMT Member

Post XD Prop Stuck
After I backed the boat off the trailer to go duck hunt, it kept dying when I put it in gear.

Discovered that the prop was stuck tight against the shaft, couldn’t turn, and was killing the motor when taken out of nuetral.

I had my fat buddy in the boat so I was working it in reverse pretty hard to get it off the trailer .

Almost seems like I was missing a crush washer or something. Prop is a gator tail fat blade that I ran for 4 days already without issue. I loosened it, threw on my old prop just in case, and off we went Into the darkness

Now back in the garage and everything looks normal. WTF?

Any ideas on what caused this?

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:09 pm

Post Re: XD Prop Stuck
Damn that’s nuts. Ever find out what happened ? I just put a stock 2 blade on my XD and it ran like shit, felt like the prop was off balance. Got back home to get a better look and noticed some grease coming out. Bringing it to delta performance to see what the issue is.

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:27 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Has a similar issue but mine was brought about by lack of fuel. To fix it on my rig, when I turn on the electric fuel pump, I pump the bulb 4 or 5 times, wait a few seconds, and no problem

Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:27 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I had that problem on an older motor and my front bearing was shot and it allowed the shaft to move forward. I don't know how yours is ok again now. Grab your prop and try to push it in and out to see if there is any loose motion in the bearing.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]