It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Gtr prop question  
MMT Elite Member

Post Gtr prop question
What's the difference in the pre xd lower prop shaft and the new xd? Been seeing some stuff about props for xd units not fitting older lowers or vice versa. Makes it more difficult to try to but a used prop.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I've never gone to Seminole for the amenities/luxury the two reasons I go down there are to kill shit and get fucked up with like minded individuals aka OG'S. If you want to swirl wine and stay in a room where politics and investment diversity are discussed (with no roaches) lake lanier is near Atlanta. If you wanna have an awesome time and maybe stay in a room where children were conceived on one side and someone got stabbed over an 8-ball on the other come on down I got a can of raid. :D

Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:15 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Gtr prop question
XD props have a ring cut in the back of the job, whereas the old styles do not. You can run an XD cut prop on an older style gatortail without a problem, but if you want to run an older prop
Without the ring on an XD, you either have to get the back cut or you
Can run an adapter

Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:56 pm
MMT Elite Member

Gracias sir. Solves the problem for me

I've never gone to Seminole for the amenities/luxury the two reasons I go down there are to kill shit and get fucked up with like minded individuals aka OG'S. If you want to swirl wine and stay in a room where politics and investment diversity are discussed (with no roaches) lake lanier is near Atlanta. If you wanna have an awesome time and maybe stay in a room where children were conceived on one side and someone got stabbed over an 8-ball on the other come on down I got a can of raid. :D

Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:38 am
MMT 1000 Club

No problem bud

Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:06 am
MMT Elite Member

Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:15 pm
MMT Elite Member

Looks like MB sells the 3 blades at 12 inches. So my guess is..... smoked

Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:19 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I have a gt blade, was 11 when I got it but I think it had been worked. Dont know, though.

#CFFITR
#GhostBoat
#Whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:44 pm
MMT Elite Member

Seems like wchauvin knows the prop game pretty well. Maybe he'll chime in again. How did that 11 inch prop run for ya Russ?

Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:51 pm
MMT 1000 Club

It ran well, but didnt tote a load nearly as well as the big blade I had worked by laprop. He messed with rake to get the back end of my boat riding higher. Speeds were close with one or 2 on board, but add a third and hunting load and it was significantly less prop. It wasnt any smoother on mine in spite of all the claims that 3 blades are smoother. It also didn't let me get on plane as shallow. I also compared a worked merc 3 blade back to back (swapped on the water) and it was a mph faster, but took forever to get on plane compare to my worked big blade.

#CFFITR
#GhostBoat
#Whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:57 pm
MMT 1000 Club

^ that’s because you shouldn’t adjust rake but pitch because it puts unneeded stress on the blades from the hub....unless you are running a bad boat that does 3 digits in flat water....

But going to that 3 blade, it should be around 12 inches, unworked and stock, if it isn’t, it can be pitched and or cupped to get the desired performance you need

Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:57 pm
MMT Elite Member

And bout how much dat izzz

Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:05 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Labor price? Anywhere from 80-160 bucks probably depending on what you want done bud

Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]