It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 HDR 40 Clutch issue Help 
MMT Member

Post HDR 40 Clutch issue Help
Good afternoon everybody. First post, and hoping that this is in the correct section. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Have a 2018 Prodigy 1854 w/ Mud Buddy HDR40 sitting around 26 hours. Have had zero issues since purchasing, however today...of all days...when I got a blind in the draw, my clutch decides to start malfunctioning.

Was putting along at idle in the no wake zone for a 1/2 mile or so. I, went to open it up once I passed, and it felt like my engine got kicked up and revved high. Lowered RPM back to idle and the clutch grabbed again. Repeated this about three times and the clutch finally just went and would not engage at all. Sat there for about 30 mins attempting to diagnose with flashlights. Removed the protective cover and started moving wires and checking relays. Not sure how, but I was able to get it engaging at idle and head back to the ramp. The end to what looked to be a promising day...3even if a bit warm.

Got the boat home and diagnosed for about 2 hours and unable to get the clutch to engage at all. Wondering if any of you MB guys have experienced this. The only change in my prep routine last night was hooking up a 2 bank (20 Amp) on board charger. I had tested the battery and it was a little low. Any idea of whether or not this may be the cause. Again, many thanks fellas.

Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]