It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Is WD-40 the answer? 
MMT Member

Post Is WD-40 the answer?
So over the course of the last 6 months or so a ton of crap has hit me and I haven't been able to run my boat (2018 40hp pro drive.) I accept this sin and I'm paying for it now that I'm gearing up for crappie fishing.

Last time I had it out I learned that I was down a solenoid at the ramp so was stuck with trolling power only as I couldn't trim down or spin the lower into reverse. I'm sure the trim motor wasn't in great shape then but it at least sounded like it was working even though it was maxed in the directions it would go.

The boys over at pro drive got me hooked up with a new trim motor overnight but the question now is how the hell do I keep these brushes from getting this way again? The motor itself doesn't seem to be sealed very well. I fish saltwater 3x a year max, and I always give the old girl a bath after I fish and again once I get home, but obviously I'm skipping a step. Is that just a good splash of WD behind the ears and make sure to soak the trim motor and pump along the way?

I'll accept my licking as long as I get some good advice to go along with it.

I'm off to mount this trophy beside my busted prop shaft.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]