It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 4th Annual Mitten Mayhem Mud/Poker Run 2015 
MMT Pro Member

Post 4th Annual Mitten Mayhem Mud/Poker Run 2015
Mitten Mayhem 2015
Saturday July 25th
Muskegon MI

Come out and have a great time with fellow mud motor enthusiasts! The 2015 Mitten Mayhem is approaching!!! Hit the front lines and "Assault The Causeway" once again! It dosn't matter how fast or slow you are, how much HP your flux capacitor puts out, what kind of boat you have, or what your favorite camo is! This is a great chance to see all kinds of boat and motor combos, educate people interested in joining our community, and just have fun!! Enjoy meeting people who are most comfortable where outboards don't go!! Have a great time, and play one of the coolest poker games imaginable! Everyone has a chance to win some nice prizes, eat some great food, and have some wonderful times!

We will be camping and launching at Fisherman's Landing Campground located at:

501 E. Western Ave
Muskegon , Michigan - 49443

http://www.passport-america.com/Campgro ... undId=1974

If you plan on staying please call and reserve your spot ASAP. Let them know you are with the mud motor crew. I already have all three of the waterfront spots reserved for the event. We will have a TON of room to hang out, canopies set up for food and shade, work on boats if needed, all right on the water. Basically you only need to have a place to sleep if you plan on staying at the campground. Sites have power and water. The campground has nice restrooms and showers too.

If you would prefer a hotel instead, some are located very close to the water.

http://www.michigan-hotels.org/nearby/100064406

Please remember to consider safe transportation to your hotel after a day on the water!

You will only have to launch your boat once. We anchor right in front of the event HQ and you can leave your boat there for as long as you stay. A good anchor is recommended.

There are several great activities the area offers that can be considered if you would like to take advantage before or after the run.

https://www.miadventure.com/

http://www.thinkdunes.com/

http://www.muskegon-mi.gov/departments/ ... -memorial/

My wife and I will be setting up on Friday, we will be arriving early in the day to set the course and the event site. Anyone is welcome to come and help, learn the area, or just hang out. We usually have a bonfire that night and share stories and get to know the people that are participating.

Saturday July 25th is the run, captains meeting will start @ 10:00 a.m. We run together to several "chip poles" hidden throughout the area, each presenting it own unique challenge to retrieving your poker chip. The poles are clearly marked and the group takes however much time necessary for everyone to participate. After we have collected our chips captains can participate in the "Swamp Slalom", best time wins, or just free ride in the Causeway! After a day of fun on the water the armada will head back to HQ, enjoy a nice cook out, and turn their poker chips in for cards. Any bonus chips will be used to exchange cards for a better hand. High hand wins first pick, then the next highest gets second, and so on. Ties will be decided by a 1 card game of war. Prizes include: Assorted gear, waterfowl calls, motor maintenance supplies, t shirts, prop repair, and more. Bonfire to follow where we can watch videos, share stories and re-live the great times of the day.

Sunday will be breakfast in the morning and then a fun run/ marsh clean up. We want to leave it cleaner than we found it! Then the event site will be torn down.

If you are interested in donating to the prize table, it is very much appreciated, and encouraged. We have gained some wonderful sponsors that donate some great prizes. We have the ability to showcase products for new sponsors looking to provide products to this market. 2014 we were privileged enough to be filmed by Swift Waters Outdoors http://swift-waters.com/ Shawn and Connie got some great footage and some amazing stories. Come on out this year to hear them! Feel free to send me a PM about any donations you wish to give. This event is for us and put on by us, it is not for financial gain. We had gracious donations last year from participants including some who donated money for the event. I will be using a portion of that for this years prizes, it also will be used for the event site rental fee.

Last year we had a wonderful family style dinner, burgers, pulled pork, snow goose jambalaya, mallard with beans and rice, etc. This theme will be continued this year. Please bring your specialty dish to pass and post up what it will be!

It is REQUIRED that you run a saftey flag and wear a bright T-shirt on your boat. The vegetation is very tall and our low profile camo boats are hard to see, we want to be as safe as we can! They are easily found at motorsports shops or online, if need be I can get you one.

There will be T shirts made for the event this year, lime green for the guys and plum crazy purple for the ladies. Please PM me your order.

If you plan on attending, which you should! Please respond below with party size and number of boats. I use the responses for a head count for the meals and prizes so please make your response a commitment!! Thank you for your time and consideration, I truely hope to see you there. A lot of hard work goes into making this event a success every year and you are sure to have an amazing time!!!!

We have a Mitten Mayhem Facebook GROUP (up to date) that has great info on it!!!!

If you search "Mitten Mayhem" on YouTube you will see a lot of videos from the different runs.

Sun May 17, 2015 5:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]