It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 You guys ever hunt any snows? 
MMT Pro Member

Post You guys ever hunt any snows?
Ive wanted to hunt snows for a long LONG time but we don't get many through Utah.. Ive heard stories about how awesome the snow hunting is elsewhere. If anyone can point me in the right direction to have a decent hunt, I would gladly be willing to take you out on my airboat for a Utah waterfowl hunt, ice fishing, bowfishing, or possibly even pay you for your time and assistance. I know its not the season for it, but Im trying to plan ahead. let me know. Thanks

The Gee

Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:11 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: You guys ever hunt any snows?
I got out of that game a while back but if you are looking for a spring hunt South Dakota, nebraska, missouri, or Kansas are good bets.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:11 pm
MMT Addict

Hunt up north outfitters is about the best consistant place that I hear of. A few guys I know go yearly and always always kill tons of birds

Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:27 pm

I'm crossing my fingers that I just might get to do this Monday morning......
We have a lot of hogs around here but they are hard to hunt because they seem to move only at night and like most hogs they don't seem to have a regular pattern like whitetails do. I figure if it snows and I get enough coverage on the ground (3 to 4 inches) they won't be able to be quiet so ivisible. We can't bait or lure them in anyway because the area that I hunt is a WMA. I figure snow will give away where they are hiding and I should be able to track them down fairly easily. What do you guys think? Is this doable?

Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:51 pm
Profile YIM
MMT 1000 Club

Prairie thunder outfitters if you want a good snow/spec/lesser hunt. Ask for Zach white. Regardless of who answers tell em jake hawkins Sent ya. They fill up fats because of their good reputation. Located near hoisington, ks. Grade a accommodations and stand up guys

It's simple. get a mud motor. shoot ducks in the face.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:55 pm
MMT Member

Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:22 am
MMT Pro Member

We are doing a DIY fall hunt this year. Will see how it goes. Did outfitter in spring last year, want to try fall because specks, canadas, and ducks are open as well. I had no luck in my brief search to find a fall snow goose outfitter but might be an option if you look into it and have some more species to shoot. Our spring hunt was pretty slow (still a GREAT time) but coulda limited out on pintails, mallards and canadas and shot specks too if they were all in season.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:17 am
MMT Member

North East Arkansas

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:49 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Your chocolate dog has taken pictures before

It's simple. get a mud motor. shoot ducks in the face.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:46 am

Me personally no. People say honkers don't like snows but I've seen enought honkers land in the decoys in spring snow goose hunitng to know that's not a factor. My opinion it all goes back to scouting and your hide. If you're running traffic in a field could the visibility of snow goose decoys help? Possibly.....Do I think you will kill more geese if you put them out...no. Just like our shirts say "Decoys Don't Kill Geese....We Do!"

Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:05 pm
Profile YIM
MMT 1000 Club

Nodak is a great fall place to free lance snow geese. From Garrison,ND north is a good place to start. I hunted up there in the fall and then Ark/Mo in the spring. I killed a gazillion running and gunning them. I too got burned out and have not shot a snow in the past few years.
Its a sport of weak mind and strong back. We hunted with spreads from a few hundred to a couple thousand.
I never hunted with a outfitter. I will say that I would consider one now. Let someone else drive around for hours looking for big concentrations, knocking on doors seeking permission, getting thousand decoys ready and setting up. A sport shows up with gun, shells, snacks and helps out a little and then all trigger time. A lot to be said about that.

Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:13 am
MMT Elite Member

Snows are the DEEBBIILLL

Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]